BonditoBali

Sep 7, 2014
Hi everyone,
I budgeting for a move to Bali and I'd like a rough idea of some of the extra costs associated with renting a house/villa for a longterm stay. I imagine that electricity and banjar fees are not included in the rental lease, so I'd love it if you could give me an indication of what I should expect.
We're planning to rent a 3 bedroom villa with a pool in one of the areas in southern Bali that are popular with foreigners e.g. Berawa/Canggu/Kerobokan (we may move away later on, but initially we'll be there).
I presume we'll have to pay electricity and banjar costs and would be grateful if you could estimate approximately what I can expect. I know electricity costs will vary dramatically with usage so I'm just looking for a ball park figure! From my experiences living/travelling in tropical places, I'd say that we're the sort of family that doesn't really use air con using the day (particularly as we'll have a pool), but i guess pool motors use a lot of power.
Thanks for your help!

Smoke

Dec 3, 2011
Sanur
everything is relavent to amount used. What about Garbage pick up ?

I live in Sanur
my garbage is 50k a month set fee
my banjar fee is 30k a month ( around corner some are paying 65,000 for same type of house .( always inform banjar if you may have a load party in advance)
my electric is about 500-600k a month no pool a/c on a few hours at nite

pool motor should be on a timer( not need it to run ll the time,Same with a water pump to holding tank(s).

samsiam

Feb 2, 2014
I hear banjar fees from 20 to 100k......the owners of our current house pay 100, so budget for 50 at least.

Electric....we have 3 bed, pool and do not use aircon except in kids room at night and it is around 1mil per month.

BonditoBali

Sep 7, 2014
Thanks for your info Samsiam and Smoke. I really appreciate your information. I hadn't even thought of garbage fees.

Smoke

Dec 3, 2011
Sanur
also Banjar may look for additional rupiah for special ceremonies .To me it it a nice jester to pre ask to donate a small amount in advance (check with local neighbors on how much etc and when they are taking place ).

also any phone line / internet system/tv sattie would be yours to upkeep or change with owners permission !

IslandLife

Oct 13, 2014
Hello!

I live in Petitenget and my monthly fees are as follows:
300k banjar - this is broken down into 210k security (we have 24 hour security at the end of the street, although that is quite a way from my house), 65k for street development,25k banjar.
50k rubbish
minimum 1 million electricity - this is for my 2 bed villa with pool and i don't use a/c in the day

on top of that I have to pay indovision and the internet monthly, and internet here is expensive.

Hope that helps! :)