Bali Villa Sales

Villas of Bali ™ is the trusted real estate company that offers the most beautiful villas for sale on Bali. Visit our experienced and helpful staff in our office in Seminyak, or search the extensive villa listing online at www.balivillasales.com, providing the most exclusive properties for sale. Villas of Bali ™ stands for quality, integrity and trust. We help you save time and money, while providing you peace of mind of your property related needs. Send us an email to info@villasofbali.com, or call us at +62 878 6249 3526.

1. Welcome Guest to the new look Balipod. If you are an existing member, just sign up with your usual username/password. Any problems you can post them here
    Dismiss Notice

Opening a Bank A/C without a Kitas

Discussion in 'Banking, Insurance and other Money Matters' started by Mr Leslie, Aug 28, 2007.

1. Mr Leslie

Mr Leslie New Member

I need to open a Bank a/c in Bali - somewhere near Jalan Double Six and have had no luck in finding a bank who will allow me to open an account without a Kitas.

Is there anyone who has had actual experience during the past 12 months in opening a new bank account without a Kitas?

2. matsaleh

matsaleh Super Moderator

3. Mr Leslie

Mr Leslie New Member

Re: RE: Opening a Bank A/C without a Kitas

Hi Matsaleh - thanks for the threads. However, no -one seems to have managed to open an account yet. The best has been to use someone you trust. Unfortunately, there is no one I trust!
    All the best

4. FreoGirl

FreoGirl Member

A poster on BTF claims to have opened an account on a tourist visa with Panin Bank in Bali
    http://www.balitravelforum.com/archive200707/46872.html

Personally I have never been able to find a bank in last 3-4 years that will open an account without a kitas. But I think it's like everything else in Indonesia - there just are no set rules. So it may be possible to do - you just need to work out how (contacts, money etc), or get lucky.

The other alternative is to open an account with a bank in your home country that has a branch in Bali, or just wear the ATM withdrawal fees and operate your home account via ATM and internet banking from Bali.

5. LarsDK

LarsDK New Member

When FreoGirl says:
    She might be right. I have have just been to Bali with my small family and my wife, who has a KTP from Jember, East Jawa was unable to open a bank account in Bali! How should a foreigner then be able to you might ask.

Well some friends of us who were in Bali at the same time wanted to open a bank account for the danish husband. They had asked someone from the danish consulat if that was possible and had been told they should try.
    They went to a couple of banks and asked whether he could open a bank account. They were told no. When they told this to the person that had told them otherwise, she had just laughed and said that they should have asked the bank whether they could help him open a bank account.

With how much this kind help should be repaid I do not know...

6. Guest

Guest Guest

The magic words: "Bisa membantu?" will work wonders in almost any situation.

7. Mr Leslie

Mr Leslie New Member

I have seen the BTF posting and, frankly, none of the BTF postings are reliable - they are all heresay. The problem with opening an a/c with a bank that has branches in Indonesia is that the branches still have to abide by the banking laws in Indonesia and ANZ for example still asks for a Kitas.

8. Mr Leslie

Mr Leslie New Member

Thank you - I'll try it

9. ronb

ronb Active Member

I was able to get and IDR account at the Commonwealth Bank in Jl Teuku Umar before I got a Kitas. There was a lot of paperwork and I am not sure exactly what made it possible, but I already had Commonwealth accounts in Australia and I had papers from Bali IDE showing that I intended to get a Kitas several months later.

10. Mr Leslie

Mr Leslie New Member

Hi Ronb - I think you managed to be able to open the a/c because you had the paperwork from the IDE showing that you were going to get a Kitas. I'm sure that if you hadn't had these then you'd be getting the same "No" as me. Thanks for your reply

11. SunFlower

SunFlower New Member

Try City Bank and ABN Amro in Denpasar, Im Indonesian with Jakarta KTP and both bank have no issue with that, but then i decided to open account with ABN Amro. For Indonesian they only need passport and KTP, not necessarily Bali KTP, for foreigner i'm not sure..

12. Mr Leslie

Mr Leslie New Member

Well - you said it in one - you are Indonesian and that makes all the difference. I have tried Citibank in DPS and they needed a Kitas & I can only guess that ABN Amro are the same. But many thanks anyway

13. SunFlower

SunFlower New Member

LarsDK said
    forget to add that reply was mean for LarsDK. U r welcome..

14. LarsDK

LarsDK New Member

We'll try them next time we're in Bali.

15. O

O Member

Indeed, there is another post on that subject that I started a few month back but unfortunately none of the suggestions worked. maybe we should just answer the question with a "No, it is not possible for a foreigner to open an account TODAY without a kitas" until someone can -hopefully- prove us wrong instead of some vague suggestions about try this bank or this one or i knew someone who did it 3 years ago.

16. Jimbo

Jimbo Active Member

I opened an account without a Kitas but only because I have friends who helped me. I can even access it from the internet and transfer funds but as a rule it is no however there may be a way if you can find a friend.

Good luck

17. Sanurian

Sanurian Active Member

Hi, ronb

As far as I know, the reason you could open a Commonwealth bank account here is because you already have one in Australia.
    That's my understanding of their requirements.

:D

18. Marcel

Marcel New Member

Should try with Panin bank,I get a account last feb 2007!!
    Only not in Bali but Malang.
    And without a KITAS. :)
    Grtz

19. Mr Leslie

Mr Leslie New Member

Hi Jimbo - what Bank did you open an account with and how did your friends help you? Also - when did you open this account?

20. FreoGirl

FreoGirl Member