Online Customs Declaration

RossM

Jan 19, 2022
I'll be heading to Bali on 16th, 3 days off, and I've had a preliminary look at the Online Customs Declaration. It can only be completed 2 days before arrival, so I put 15th, but it won't let me advance beyond the personal details page.

Has anybody had any recent experience with this form? Is it currently in use? I guess the declaration card is still available on flights, but maybe not??

PERtoDPS

Dec 31, 2018
Just wait for it in your flight yes of course they'll give out incoming passenger cards and worst case if they don't have them you can always grab at the airport.

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
I'll be heading to Bali on 16th, 3 days off, and I've had a preliminary look at the Online Customs Declaration. It can only be completed 2 days before arrival, so I put 15th, but it won't let me advance beyond the personal details page.

Has anybody had any recent experience with this form? Is it currently in use? I guess the declaration card is still available on flights, but maybe not??

In many forums (fori?) there is a discussion going on about how much booze is now allowed into the country. The old law said 1ltr. per person but there is supposed to have been a change to allow 2.5 ltrs per person.

Can you please verify which?

Oh I'll buy whatever amount of Glenmorangie you manage to bring :cool:

spicyayam

Jan 12, 2009
I just saw a post on fb from someone who just entered Bali and they mentioned an online customs declaration, so perhaps yes, it is required...

Reactions: RossM

RossM

Jan 19, 2022
I just saw a post on fb from someone who just entered Bali and they mentioned an online customs declaration, so perhaps yes, it is required...

A Customs Declaration IS required, an like so many things, it's going electronic, but it seems the online declaration isn't working correctly.

I'm sure that arriving without an online declaration having been made won't result in deportation , but Indonesian government officials are inflexible and self important, at best, and I don't want to be delayed over something to which there is an easy fix.

I guess the entry cards/customs declaration will still be offered on the flights.

RossM

Jan 19, 2022
I just found this on a Trip Advisor thread............

Indonesia has now abolished the Immigration Card once given to passengers on the 'plane to fill out. Instead, you may need to show your BOARDING PASS along with your passport at the Immigration counter.

I also saw something about a verbal customs declaration, but can't find that again.

As I recall, and it's been 2 1/2 years due to covid, the Immigration Card and Customs Declaration were on the same card, front and back, and the Immigration Card is no more, but an online Customs Declaration is still required??

Last edited: