spicyayam

Jan 12, 2009
Someone was asking me about a "temporary working visa". Has anyone heard of this before?

I have heard of DJs getting some kind of visa, but never really knew the details.

This is the email they received from their agent:

To process Temporary Work Permit we need the schedule of where you Work. What your position is and copy color of your passport. The Temporary Work Permit is Valid for 1 month and the process will take 2 working days. The fee for this is IDR 3.000.000.

The person wants to teach yoga in Bali.

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
First I've heard of it but hey for 3 milli I'll give them a visa... Just let me cut a new stamp on that potato I had laying around.

spicyayam

Jan 12, 2009
First I've heard of it but hey for 3 milli I'll give them a visa... Just let me cut a new stamp on that potato I had laying around.

Well there was a company not so long ago giving fake stamps in people's passports.

Mark

Apr 19, 2004
Most countries have visa schemes for short term visiting professional sports teams/players, professional artists and musicians, actors, etc. Surely Indonesia has the same.

spicyayam

Jan 12, 2009
From what I gather it is a special kind of relationship between agents and immigration who can organize this visa. It is primarily for singers/international acts playing in Indonesia, but as in this case (to teach yoga) agents will give it out to anyone willing to pay.