Adrian2

Aug 10, 2015
Hello, We are very happy an excited to being able to take a two weeks holiday in Bali starting end of January for two weeks. Would really appreciate to hear your suggestions and insights on how to plan it!

tintin

Sep 13, 2005
Boston, MA, USA
Hello, We are very happy an excited to being able to take a two weeks holiday in Bali starting end of January for two weeks. Would really appreciate to hear your suggestions and insights on how to plan it!

I highly recommend a unique place in the South, a small village called Kuta! Great people, great "Old Bali" atmosphere, great everything. You could share your 2 weeks between it and Trunyan, for an unforgettable holiday...:eagerness:

Rangi

May 23, 2011
Legian
old_bali_photo.jpg

P

paulseawind

This is one of the best threads I have ever seen.
Such diversity from an era.
Where else could one see such photos from history.

RNG, pls keep 'em coming.

davita

Mar 13, 2012
Pictures doesn't show, please reupload

Hi PD and welcome to the forum as I see your first post.
Rangi posted those pics in 2014 and the forum has gone thru' considerable change since then and Rangi hasn't been seen here for a couple of years. Maybe the owner or mod can re-upload.

balipod-admin

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 12, 2010
Trying to piece together what I can find. It looks like he posted the images using a Facebook URL which eventually expires, which is why they aren't being shown.

parama dharmika

Sep 30, 2017
Okay, in that case that was inevitable, alright then, i'll try to look on the other thread.

Thank you for your information

JohnnyCool

Jan 10, 2009
Sanur
Where do people here think Rangi got his photos from in the first place?
Most of them are from the 19th/early 20th Centuries, apart from a few that he might have taken himself later on.
Two sources: the internet and/or he scanned images from books.
It’s ‘easy’ to find them on the internet – simply search for ‘old Bali photos’, etc.
An example (from Flickr, I think):

Kuta.jpg

davita

Mar 13, 2012
According to Matsaleh in post #101 dated 2014 she already sourced most of Rangi's pics...
"Its not his own work. Many of these photos have been "borrowed" from "Lost Bali" on Facebook or from "Old Bali photos - Bali Happenings"
I'm not a facebooker so cannot verify.

parama dharmika

Sep 30, 2017
Interesting, I saw the pictures first from pinterest and then it brought me to balipod.com. Anyway, thanks a lot guys for your kind word and warm welcome, I guess I might have to hunt from google though LOL.

davita

Mar 13, 2012
Hi Graeme...you have to read the recent messages in the context of those pictures as you are looking at, and responding to, posts from 2014. It has been explained that the source of pics may have expired.
Maybe there's nothing wrong with your computer.