Obtaining a PW licence with a Pakai title

Kevin1957

Jul 2, 2019
Hi all, Kevin here with a question about obtaining a Pondok Wisata rental licence for a villa which is owned under the Hak Pakai leasehold arrangement. I want to let my villa out for holiday letting while I travel overseas but I understand that PW can only be obtained by an Indonesian citizen who also has to be the land owner. However, with Hak Pakai, the government is technically the land owner for the duration of the lease. I have read that a foreigner cannot obtain a PW licence. However am I able to structure a Hak Sewa lease with an Indonesian and for the Indonesian to then apply for the PW in his name? I am not sure this will work legally as there is still no Indonesian owner? Would be interested in your opinions

Fred2

Oct 13, 2010
Surabaya/Australia
The PW has to be in the land owners name, you could only have a PW if you had set up a PMA with a Indonesian partner and he would have the PW in his name.

Kevin1957

Jul 2, 2019
Thanks Fred. The PMA route isn’t feasible for me as I am already on a retirement visa KITAS so unlikely to be allowed to now apply for another visa to open a PMA. Also I would need to stump up 10 billion in capital. Seems like a sledgehammer to crack a nut.

Fred2

Oct 13, 2010
Surabaya/Australia
As with anything in Indonesia, always around things. You don't need a new visa as you are only a director. The money used to be easy just put it in the bank, take it out then put back in. Then you only show what you have put in to the account :cool:
now you look rich.

Kevin1957

Jul 2, 2019
Yes I coming to understand that Indonesians are creative at getting around their own regulations. I am waiting for my notary to let know what creative strategy he has to enable me to get a PW. Thanks for your advice. It might be a fall back option