Marlene Straßmair

May 22, 2016
Austria
Hello!

First let me introduce myself. My name is Marlene and I am a 23 year old registered nurse from Austria.

Now I was wondering what paid job oppurtunitys I'd have in Bali?
Where would I look and who should I talk to?
Does anybody know any foreign nurses in bali?
Does anybody know how much sellery it is?

I already worked in Bali for four week as an volunteer teacher.

Any info anyone has on nursing in bali would be greatly appreciated. :)

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
Sei nicht beleidigt, aber du solltist es ganz schnell vergessen, über legale Arbeit hier in Bali zu suchen. Die indonesische Regierung lassen es einfach nicht zu ausser wenn du den Job von einem lokalen Arbeitgeber hast, die alle die riesige Menge an Papierkram erledigt haben, oder du bist selbst beschäftigt und haben Ihr Visum selbst bekommen.

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
Ok lets open it up to wider discussion because I don't know what the situation is when your husband is Balinese but I suspect it may be equally a problem as you will only be allowed to work for your husband's business and not as a general nurse here... I believe. I may be wrong.

You could start your own business providing first class health care to the (aging) expat community.

spicyayam

Jan 12, 2009
I am not sure what kind of visas they have but there are a couple of mid-wife's operating in Bali. Kim Patra from Australia is one: https://www.facebook.com/CHCBali/ and Robin Lim runs Bumi Sehat foundation: Bumi Sehat Foundation | Gentle Birth for a Peaceful Future Maybe they could give information about visas and such. Also try contacting the big hospitals such as BIMC and Siloam. Unfortunately Indonesia does not want foreigners working in the medical industry here. All of the foreign chiropractors for example were just booted out of the country.

sakumabali

Apr 2, 2010
difficult...if you would be a doctor with an expertise which is lacked it might be possible (no offense); the idea is (I know I know) that every indonesian woman could "be" a nurse. Or become. You can get your husband sponsored KITAS easily and IF your husband opens a CV, PT etc you might even work there semi legally as it's a family business. If you open PT PMA with you as a director etc and open a hospital yourself (investing & funding) you are free to go. My point is - I don't want to be rude - that Indonesia doesn't want (need perhaps) foreigners who practice the profession millions of Indonesians could at least theoretically fulfill. The patriotic indonesian spirit might also say "stealing jobs". Indonesia wants 5* tourists, investors and high-skilled entrepreneurs and professionals in (niche) markets who are willing to train locals / imparting knowledge to locals so that Indonesia is able to not extend their visa after a couple of years and take over themselves.

Good luck. Bali is beautiful. But you're about to live in a country where you (almost) can't own anything, can't work easily and on top be always subordinated to your husband and his family...Bali has changed....prices went up....if I would have to make a decision again NOW in 2016 (which I made in 2002) I would live elsewhere. A decision you don't have because a balinese will never flourish out of Bali

Last edited: