Megan

Sep 21, 2012
Hi there Mum's and Dad's,

We are moving to Bali in the next few months and I am wanting to come and have a look at schools for my 3 year old at the end of October just to get a feel for them and Bali in general. I was wondering if anyone can recommend any schools in particular and the areas to live close by? I have googled the schools and have short listed a few but I am very new to this and really have no idea what to look for except that I want my little man to be able to learn through play in a safe, supportive, and social environment, and have a large play area to run around and interact within.

Our short list is currently: Cheeky Monkeys, The Green School, Little Stars, and the Australian School

If there are any parents out there that have any feedback on any of these schools or can recommend any others that their child goes to and loves if would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much in advance,

SUnshine always from Megan : )

rasi

Aug 26, 2010
I always ask if you know the price of these schools? some people in Australia put there kids in private schools so the fees are not a problem. I got a major shock :) AIS and Green school are over $10, 000 AUD per year for fees alone. Sorry cant help anymore than that. But good luck finding a school you love!

Megan

Sep 21, 2012
Hi there Rasi,
Thanks so much for responding. I am aware of the cost of international schooling and yes it was a shock for us as well : )
Do you have children attending nursery?

Stellamaris

Sep 24, 2011
Bali
Hi Megan
My child went to Cheecky Monkeys AND Little Star - They're both great! The only thing I really didn't like was the parking situation at Cheecky Monkey.

In case you're planing of staying in Bali for good and/or your partner is Indonesian I'd suggest to look into Dyatmika (bilingual) They start from preschool all the way through high school.

Berkley

Oct 3, 2012
Cheecky monkey is in sanur area, it is good
but let me give you some opinion, there are many bilingual schools especially for foreigners open in some area, but to find the fit one for the children, that is the hardest one.
Blue dolphin playschool is quite good though it is still new, but i think from their curriculum they used emphasis on experimental and exploring the children' interest, it is recommended to seek. it is in Nakula-kuta area.

steph66

Oct 26, 2012
I think you would really need to decide where you are planning on living. My daughter goes to Dyatmika and we commute from Ubud. Luckily there is a bus for the kids. We are extremely happy at Dyatmika. I have also heard good things about Little Stars and Cheeky Monkeys.

Kristen

Sep 16, 2012
Could anyone provide some info re little stars? I have tried googling but can't find anything.
Is it also in sanur?

belleh

Feb 19, 2011
try rainbows bali. I think it may be just childcare for young kids, but we used her in august last year and have booked again for this year and were very happy with everything.

rainbowsbali.webs.com

Happykids

Feb 24, 2015
Hello,
there is a very nice daycare located in Canggu for kids between 2 and 5 years'old from 8am to 5pm.
Affordable, little group with everyday many different activities, learning alphabet, dancing, yoga, singing, science...
the name is this daycare is happykidz.
the hp of the australian trained manager is 081 933 06 10 56 ( Ibu dewi )
thanks **