hadodi

Nov 8, 2013
NE Bali
I reported few months ago a fraud and embezzlement. Just few days ago I received a litter from the officer who handled the case that there was no criminal case... He adviced that I could complain. With whom? Him! Does somebody similar experience? What tomdo?

matsaleh

Super Moderator
May 26, 2004
Legian, Bali
No idea, hadodi. Maybe contact them via the Complaints tab on the website. Click on "Pengaduan" and fill out the online form.

hadodi

Nov 8, 2013
NE Bali
Thanks for the information, BUT how to do it without putting the names public?

- - - Updated - - -

No idea, hadodi. Maybe contact them via the Complaints tab on the website. Click on "Pengaduan" and fill out the online form.
Thanks again. will try

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
This forum is filled to overflowing with devious, experienced, cynical people that have succeeded at achieving a dream that many millions of their fellow wage slaves can only aspire to.

Perhaps if you were to explain more fully what the problem was we would possibly come up with a solution that would make your fecking day and not involve you and hours of useless bureaucracy.

hadodi

Nov 8, 2013
NE Bali
This forum is filled to overflowing with devious, experienced, cynical people that have succeeded at achieving a dream that many millions of their fellow wage slaves can only aspire to.

Perhaps if you were to explain more fully what the problem was we would possibly come up with a solution that would make your fecking day and not involve you and hours of useless bureaucracy.
name
Thanks Markit, but it is very difficult to explain if you can not name the suspect. He/she borrows money with false reasons, promising paying back, but does not happen. Although took jewellery to Pegadaian to get money out. Not paying back her/his debts therefore the jewellery is gone too. My family, simple campung people, trusted and lost so far about 47mio. This person signed Surat Pernyataan, but not fullfilled her/his promise. All this was reported in writing to the reskrim, witnesses he/she also cheated were asked and the outcome - NO criminal actions.
If I would be in my country I certainly would know what to do. Here, ... And I won't pay for an expensive lawyer.

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
Well there is at least one lawyer "married" to this forum so maybe she can chime in?

Lending money here is always a disaster as most people live on the economic cliff edge out of choice, it seems, and any slight problem is enough to cause disaster.

It appears you have already gone down the "local" kampung road without success? One wonders if this person is using at least some of the stolen money to keep the local "officials" calm?

Maybe consider threatening to make a police criminal case out of the "stolen" jewelry? Threatening, to start off! Balinese are dead scared of any police involvement.

hadodi

Nov 8, 2013
NE Bali
Well there is at least one lawyer "married" to this forum so maybe she can chime in?

Lending money here is always a disaster as most people live on the economic cliff edge out of choice, it seems, and any slight problem is enough to cause disaster.

It appears you have already gone down the "local" kampung road without success? One wonders if this person is using at least some of the stolen money to keep the local "officials" calm?

Maybe consider threatening to make a police criminal case out of the "stolen" jewelry? Threatening, to start off! Balinese are dead scared of any police involvement.
Well Markit, you would not believe it. The police said the jewellry was used to get a loan and therefore no embezzlement!!!
Is that lawyer a reliable one? How to contact her/him?
What do you think about the advice to contact the Ombudsman? Does this make sense?
I would really like to sit together with you sometime and discuss it in detail. Thanks a lot for your time and patience

spicyayam

Jan 12, 2009
Markit is probably talking about my wife who has no time to read forums. I understand 47 million is a lot to your family (as it would be for me) but how much would you have to pay in legal fees to get or any money back.

Good advice to tell your family, never lend money to anyone. And if you do lend money, get some kind of collateral like motorbike, property cert etc.

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
Well Markit, you would not believe it. The police said the jewellry was used to get a loan and therefore no embezzlement!!!
Is that lawyer a reliable one? How to contact her/him?
What do you think about the advice to contact the Ombudsman? Does this make sense?
I would really like to sit together with you sometime and discuss it in detail. Thanks a lot for your time and patience

I'm happy to drop in to yours (Tulamben/Amed?) or you can come by mine if you are in the area. PM me your phone number and we can organize it - don't get your hopes up as I've said about all I can think of already but if you just want to chat about it/life/Bali/small brown women/cheese then feel free.

Cheers
Markit

hadodi

Nov 8, 2013
NE Bali
Thanks. I would never do such stupid thing. I just want to prevent that other people get trapped by this bastard. If your wife is the lawyer markit mentioned how can I get in contact with her? The most strange issue is how the police di "handle" the case so far.

BestofBali

Nov 9, 2016
Kerobokan
Markit is probably talking about my wife who has no time to read forums. I understand 47 million is a lot to your family (as it would be for me) but how much would you have to pay in legal fees to get or any money back.

Good advice to tell your family, never lend money to anyone. And if you do lend money, get some kind of collateral like motorbike, property cert etc.

Wise words

Billt4SF

Aug 4, 2014

I once heard this advice said as: "Never lend money to someone who you would not give it to".

- Bill

hadodi

Nov 8, 2013
NE Bali
Honestly I am quite disappointed by this lawyer. She promised to check her schedule, but never replied again. Would not recommend

spicyayam

Jan 12, 2009
Honestly I am quite disappointed by this lawyer. She promised to check her schedule, but never replied again. Would not recommend

I did mention earlier that she was busy. Most of her clients at the moment are in Denpasar/Kerobokan right now. Her phone rings almost non-stop.

hadodi

Nov 8, 2013
NE Bali
I might be old fashionend because if somebody tells me "let me check my schedule..." I do expect at least a "sorry, fully booked"