No internet on Nyepi

spicyayam

Jan 12, 2009
I know it has been discussed a couple of times already, but it seems like most ISPs will be shutting down their internet service for Nyepi.

Only yesterday my wife asked at the Telkom office and they said it would be operational. And today they have said it will be shutdown completely.

Enjoy your quiet day everyone and I hope you all don't suffer too much from internet withdrawal!

Harry08

Dec 5, 2017
If we get lucky, there will be clear sky at night.
Thanx to almoat 0 light pollution, you have a chance to see what the sky really looks like. It's absolutely awesome.

It's so impressive that when large scale blackouts happen in big cities, people freak out an call police reporting "strange object" in the sky. No, I am not kidding. They have never seen the Milky-Way.

davita

Mar 13, 2012
If we get lucky, there will be clear sky at night.
Thanx to almoat 0 light pollution, you have a chance to see what the sky really looks like. It's absolutely awesome.

It's so impressive that when large scale blackouts happen in big cities, people freak out an call police reporting "strange object" in the sky. No, I am not kidding. They have never seen the Milky-Way.

At least Harry and I agree on one thing...the clear Nyepi sky at night is indeed awesome. I've been lucky and seen it twice and have been overwhelmed by the amount of stars that otherwise, due to the backlight, I've never before observed.....jeez, I almost got religious....:eek:

Harry08

Dec 5, 2017
Finally, Davita!

PS! I actually agree with most what you write. Don't tell others.
I can also understand why my posts are confusing to native English speakers like you. Cheers!

Harry08

Dec 5, 2017
Worried about Internet... pff... this is nothing.

I have world slowest electric kettle. How can I survive that!? Imagine waiting for tea so long you forgot what you are waiting for. It's like getting a sneak peak at the horrors of memory loss.

Aaaarhh..... The horror!

davita

Mar 13, 2012
We're in Jakarta and our CCTV internet connection to view what's going on in our Bali villa is disconnected today.

JohnnyCool

Jan 10, 2009
Sanur
So after all that we still have internet for today...
Well, we did, sort of. I was about to reply to this yesterday and my IndiHome went off (around 2pm).
It was fine before that, but cell phones didn't work.
We cooked some fish on a charcoal grill the night before and left the grill in the garden. I nearly fell over it last night , stumbling around in the dark. My big toe still hurts.

Harry08

Dec 5, 2017
OmG is everyone still alive... lol.

On more serious note, I really don't get it why so many in this forum were worried about. It was beautiful, almost cloudless and light pollution free night.

It was verry enjoyable.

Did you look up and enjoyed the view?

I'llbe back for the next one.

What's really nice is that today was also kinda quite. Lots of shops closed and unusually light traffic.

PS! Now you can tell all your real and imagginary (Facebook etc) friends how you suffered and bravely survived a day without social media.

I hope they... no, correction, I think everyone who survived this ordeal, needs to give himself a medal. Make it big and shiny.
74337_handshake-goldshiny.jpg