sherm

Nov 17, 2011
Here in Amed where life is slow but motorbikes drive very fast, I've noted a disturbing lack of the availability of Bir Bingtang.

Some folks say 'factory broken' another man told me locals don't want to pay a price increase. An organized boycott maybe (chuckle)?

Maybe it's being horded on Nusa Dua for the upcoming summit?

Perhaps all the Miss World contestants got their suds on during free hours?

Everywhere I visited today told me "sorry boss, already finished".

Anyone else experiencing the same?

mrsgabry

Sep 8, 2009
Vienna/Nusa Dua
Hi sherm,
my husband just told me that also in the Nusa Dua area there is a shortage of Bintang. He could not buy any in the supermarkets. In the warungs they still have some of the small bottles, but no large anymore.
What is going on? My guess is a price increase.......

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
On White Sandy Beach 2 days ago got the same message but didn't think much about it - no large Bintang only small...

Anyone care to switch to Tuak? No, thought not.

I think I'll just go sit on my naughty step and count my worry beads for a while.

Feb 15, 2013
Jakarta
Here in Amed where life is slow but motorbikes drive very fast, I've noted a disturbing lack of the availability of Bir Bingtang.

Some folks say 'factory broken' another man told me locals don't want to pay a price increase. An organized boycott maybe (chuckle)?

Maybe it's being horded on Nusa Dua for the upcoming summit?

Perhaps all the Miss World contestants got their suds on during free hours?

Everywhere I visited today told me "sorry boss, already finished".

Anyone else experiencing the same?

Pub With No Beer - Slim Dusty - YouTube

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
NO Bintang big bottles to be had and only 2 cases of the small bottles available and no new supplies in sight...

Panic buying sounds like an option?

sherm

Nov 17, 2011
Girls brought me a crate of smalls this morning, but two short. I should have tomorrow. Beyond that is anybody's guess.

matsaleh

Super Moderator
May 26, 2004
Legian, Bali
I checked in Bintang Supermarket in Seminyak. They still have large bottles, but who knows for how long. I think they're a little more expensive than other places, though.

Smoke

Dec 3, 2011
Sanur
just paid 259,000 for a crate of 24 330 ml bottles with returning a crate of empties(30,000 discount for the return of empties) been paying that every 2 weeks about

edited price my error in typing

Last edited:

mrsgabry

Sep 8, 2009
Vienna/Nusa Dua
My husband just wrote me that in the Nusa Dua area no more Bintang available. In the local warung also the Heineken is finished now - only a few cans of Carlsberg still there. What is going on?????

Mark

Apr 19, 2004
Was in Ubud the past four days and can happily report that there was plenty of bintang consumed (and still loads left for sale)...

matsaleh

Super Moderator
May 26, 2004
Legian, Bali
My husband just wrote me that in the Nusa Dua area no more Bintang available. In the local warung also the Heineken is finished now - only a few cans of Carlsberg still there. What is going on?????
Maybe the deliveries are still sitting in the traffic jam on the new toll road. :icon_wink:

mrsgabry

Sep 8, 2009
Vienna/Nusa Dua
Maybe the deliveries are still sitting in the traffic jam on the new toll road. :icon_wink:

Dont think so - my husband told me that he went on the new toll road already twice - no traffic jam at all !!!! But the situation is getting serious - I will arrive in Bali next week and if no Bintang until then there will be big trouble in paradies !!!!

Feb 15, 2013
Jakarta
Please be advised that a representative of the Bali Chapter of Alcoholics Anonymous will be shortly visiting all the distressed people on this thread.

:topsy_turvy::topsy_turvy::topsy_turvy::topsy_turvy:

no.idea

Feb 22, 2011
Sanur
This always happens when they are about to raise the price of the beer. The supplies dwindle and then the new supply comes in at increased prices. It seems to happen about every 18 months.
It is nothing new and it is nothing different.