balipod-admin

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 12, 2010
To prevent spammers from using the private messaging function, you now need to have made at least 10 posts before you can send PMs.

Larnes

Jul 28, 2008
Great idea - one problem I have found so far. I have a private message from admin wanting to reset my user name to the one (I assume) from the old forum - but I can't reply with Yes please because I dont have enough posts to reply to a private message!

tintin

Sep 13, 2005
Boston, MA, USA
Bug in the "reply" buttons

I've already sent a PM to the Administrator few weeks ago, but did not receive any answer. So,here is the problem:

There are TWO button allowing for a response to a comment: 1) Reply, and 2) Reply with Quote. However, if one chooses "Reply" (W/O quote), one still get a FULL quote of the preceding comment (!?) So, what the point for these 2 supposedly different buttons?:icon_rolleyes:

balipod-admin

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 12, 2010
Those buttons shouldn't be showing up. It's something I need to check. I changed the quick reply with the advanced reply, so you don't have to click any buttons to be able to get the smilies and other features of the advanced reply. You just need to scroll down a bit to get the form.

tintin

Sep 13, 2005
Boston, MA, USA
Thank you for your prompt answer. Now for a dumb question: How does one start a NEW thread?
I clicked on the "Thread Starter" but it does not seem to work (!?):icon_sad:

balipod-admin

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 12, 2010
First click on the section you want to make a new post in, like the main Bali expat forum section and then click on the "Post new thread" button which is in the upper left corner.

Last edited:

jaffa

Jan 15, 2009
Seminyak, Bali
So here I am writing a pointless posting to get to 10 so I can send a private message. Where do i send the invoice for my time? :)

To prevent spammers from using the private messaging function, you now need to have made at least 10 posts before you can send PMs.

Hit The Beach

May 13, 2012
i have another issue here, i am a new member, i started a thread, have someone posted in it, i want to reply, but what shown there is reply with quote(the only reply button i have), but when i clicked on it, it said i have limited access permission ( ( below the thread said I may post reply), and i can't send private message to the person too ( as new member). so what should i do ? should i start a new thread again ?

pollyanna

Feb 8, 2010
Ubud, Bali
Are you wanting to simply reply to the message in the thread? If so, no, you don't need to start the thread again. You can click on the "reply with quote" and either leave the quote in your reply or you can then delete it in the normal way if you'd rather. The only thing you cannot do until you have posted 10 messages is send a private message directly to someone else.

Hit The Beach

May 13, 2012
I have tried to "reply with Quote" but shown this "Hit The Beach, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:", it is strange i see reply button in this thread but not in y thread.

matsaleh

Super Moderator
May 26, 2004
Legian, Bali
Hit The Beach, the post you are trying to reply to is in the Classified section. Only members with 10 or more posts can reply in this section. Yes, you could start a thread but it needed to be approved before it posted.

Please make a few more posts, then you will be able to reply to your rental post.

Hit The Beach

May 13, 2012
Just go in and find 2 more threads to post in , you have 8 posts now. 2 more posts and everything is done. it will take you around 1 or 2 minutes .

lol.. checked. one more to go.. ( Sorry BEF, will stop replying this thread from now.. :p)