No access to the private member area for new users

Andynice

Nov 4, 2008
Kerobokan and Nice , France
Hi
I don't think it's good that you can't access the private members area any more, before you reach 20 posts.
When you sing in to Balipod you are supposed to become a member right ? so why no access to the private member area ?
I think that there are many more silent readers than active readers at Balipod that use to enjoy and would like to enjoy reading the private member area of Balipod.
I'm reading all posts at Balipod at least two times a day and i used to like to read the posts at the private member area.
Thanks
Andynice

MiSO

Jul 29, 2009
You know Andynice, this has been discussed before the forum got this new jacket. Sometimes topics are a bit more personal. What is 20 posts anyway...?
Plus: It is nice to have the silent ones talking... ;-)

Btw congrats with your 21st post!

Andynice

Nov 4, 2008
Hi MiSO thanks for the congratulation.
Balipod is not my forum and i'm happy to read it/be a part of it and i accept the rules.
I only wanted to share my opinion, i think if you are a signed up member you should be able to see all different sections.
You said that some topics are more personal but please explain the difference yesterday i couldn't see the private member area and today i can ?
I haven't change since yesterday and you don't know me more since yesterday either.
Sometimes you have new members that write more than 20 posts in one week and i'm sure that you have old members since several years that haven't yet made 20 posts.
In this case it's better to be personal with new members than some of the old members ?
I can imagine that some old members that used to watch the private area and can't do it any longer doesn't feel so good about it.
All the best
Andy

MiSO

Jul 29, 2009
Hi Andy, you're absolutely right about this, there is no guarantee or whatsoever about this built-in 20 post barrier. But as it is for the more personal -or- about forum related topics,
the big chief finally decided to make it more secluded. There was an open discussion about this subject, I regret we missed your voice in this. Because I can imagine it is a bit strange for those who used to read the members area a month ago have no longer access now. I am not sure if we can turn back the clock, but I do hope they'll follow your footsteps and join us by posting!

Butch

Feb 26, 2007
South Gippsland
I agree with Andy. Bit annoying being excluded from areas previously accessible.

So this is my sixth post in 3 years which means i average 2 posts per year so I'll see you in the members area in February 2017. :(

Alternatively I can start rabbiting on about the All Blacks or NZs win in the one dayer last night but that might get a bit annoying.

Denis

Andynice

Nov 4, 2008
Hi MiSO
Yes i'm sorry that i missed that discussion.
I was back in France for a work in the end of January, maybe that's when the discussion was on ?
Anyway it's not the end of the world.
Regards
Andy

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
Having just recently used the private area to post a thread I am happy to explain why I did it and be considered for the asshole of the month forum award - actually would make a change not to win it occasionally.

My reason for posting it there was that the subject matter was only really of interest to people that live here or are thinking of doing so and I was only interested in replies from other Bali Expats really and lurkers don't usually fit that bill, sorry but thems the facts.

Butch if you've only managed 6 posts in 3 years either they were fecking beauties or you just think or write reeeeeaaaaaallllll slow.

But I think it shows a lack of commitment that should preclude you from more Bali-involved subjects. I can't understand lurking on a forum - don't you people have anything to say? Or are you scared someone might SHOUT at you?

If you want to be a full member then take part you big pussy! BTW Love the hat.

Last edited:

Butch

Feb 26, 2007
South Gippsland
Hi Markit.

I will try to post a bit more often. I don't live in Bali but visit as often as I can so only have a tourist's view of things Bali.

I do find it interesting reading what you guys are up to especially yourself with your fantastic build and life change.

I don't recall what attracted me to this forum but it was a nutcase from Ubud that kept me reading. Then you came along and there were 2 nutcases on the forum. :icon_razz: So was great reading for a while (and still is).

Glad you like my hat. Come to Papas in June and I'll make one for you.

MiSO

Jul 29, 2009
Andy, Butch, Sully, it's just nice to see new faces with fresh input. Last months I have been using the forum for my verbal diarrhea, not always..euhm...most of the time not very Bali-informative, and I am kind of a -uitgepoept-, done with talking. The dancefloor is all yours.

nadine

Mar 7, 2010
yeah same here i used to read not reply so i hope this one counts only 19 to go lol

Tony

Aug 24, 2005
Maui, Hawaii
Wtf???

What the f@#k has happened to this place. Bert flees to coop, new admin, new log-in procedure and membership renewal. I tried to renew my member info shortly after the new admin took over but kept getting error codes so I gave up and avoided the forum for months. Now I come back, re-registration now seems to work (i"m here, aren't I?) But now there's no access to the Members area without a minimum of 20 posts? I had at least 20 posts during the previous involvement here... couldn't get in once things changed. Now I can get in, except to the only really interesting part of the forum imho.

Is this rule meant to be a minimum of 20 posts since the regime change?

Now I'm asking myself "Why bother?".

Jesse

Feb 16, 2010
Melbourne
More than reading stuffs and information in the forum, I think members should also interact to help the forum somehow. A forum with little interaction isn't a good forum at all. If you love to read such, you can go to balipod's blog posts.