odez999

Jul 4, 2011
I have been watching Indo chans and they are all talking about new gasoline prices ...
Rumors are itis going to be somewhere up to 11 000 idr per liter !!!
Compared to now 6500 it is allmoust doble !!!

It will mean that all curent prices will double ! I mean WTF ... will sallaries will double allso then or how its done in this part of the world ?
Or em I getting something wrong ?

Seems like Jokovi is waiting to o out with free school and mededical system in same time as those fuel prices ... But hipoteticly if school and medical insurances are free already infrastructure and resources for conducting it are so poor that people by this "compesation" are more on loss than gain !!??

P

paulseawind

I have been watching Indo chans and they are all talking about new gasoline prices ...
Rumors are itis going to be somewhere up to 11 000 idr per liter !!!
Compared to now 6500 it is allmoust doble !!!

It will mean that all curent prices will double ! I mean WTF ... will sallaries will double allso then or how its done in this part of the world ?
Or em I getting something wrong ?

Seems like Jokovi is waiting to o out with free school and mededical system in same time as those fuel prices ... But hipoteticly if school and medical insurances are free already infrastructure and resources for conducting it are so poor that people by this "compesation" are more on loss than gain !!??

2 days ago the gardener got fuel for the mower at 8.000 a litre
I buy mine from a local villager for 7.000 but they were habis kemarin
I headed along the main jalan and noticed Pertamina was pretty quiet
I also noticed none of the usual roadside vendors had any juice
And I was wondering about the fuel price hike that has been talked about lately
And, I bought some cement at 65.000 a 50kg bag, up from 63.000 last week

I went to a betutu warung and had a meal and then on the way back I saw some roadside bensin and got 3 litres at 7.000
I also noticed after that, that roadside vendors had plenty of bensin - it was back to normal for supply

I am still scratching on this but the price is going to hike up at some point
And the prices will rise too

Smoke

Dec 3, 2011
Sanur
I think from 6500 to 9500 by mid November .there will be another increase early next year also.
Many stations are filling up huge containers in pick up trucks and nice big yellow trucks( as usually these get drop off at warungs and gas stands) Nice added profit of 3k more per liter once prices increase

odez999

Jul 4, 2011
ehhh its ok for fuel as fuel and transportation ... But it will be domino effect with other products .. no mater effected or not with this increase ! For example for importers it will be good excuse to rise prices .. but they will not rise just for that increase in fueal expenses . .but they will increase little bit so they have a bit biger margins as well ...
Its a good alibi to squeeze a more from consumers especially in monopoly markets, and accuse fuel prices ...

Smoke

Dec 3, 2011
Sanur
what about the huge trucks of fruit from Java ? it will affect the cost of the produce ? even the truckloads of young coconuts that make its way down from KlungKung to the south . it will be affected also .

G

Gurkha

It will affect any goods transported by road - that's why Indonesia needs marine and rail infrastructure!

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
In many cases the "real" price increase has already been factored in to every-day prices as last November (I believe) they were gonna up the price and everyone boosted prices in preparation and surprise, surprise when it didn't happen the prices stayed up.

I really wonder what the population, who are largely poor as poor can be, will make of a 40/50% price hike. I'm told they tend towards rioting and throwing things so possibly a good time to stay off the streets, should the worst happen.

davita

Mar 13, 2012
I'm told they tend towards rioting and throwing things so possibly a good time to stay off the streets, should the worst happen.

In 1998 when the petrol price was increased the Trisakti student incident spurned huge riots....maybe why SBY has been reluctant to decrease the subsidy much during his term as President. Jokowi must remember what happened in his own home town. The challenge is....will he have the courage to do what all economists are saying needs to be done.

Fall of Suharto - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

odez999

Jul 4, 2011
I thought that 1998 crysis was caused by China opening ! China offered cheaper labour and all investment just moved from SEA countries to China.. the rest is domino effect ... with side effects ( i mean dephending from country to country there was demands for this or that ..coz social break point was approaching)... ?

anyway seems interesting times ahead ...

odez999

Jul 4, 2011
The real question is .. will Jokovi clan will have sufficient number of generals on his side when **** happens ...Othervise there might be something simmilar to thailand ...

Is Jokovi next Shinawatra !?

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
I think that the "people" have already accepted that gas prices have to rise. What you see with the pronouncement of 11500 or 12000 is the usual "scare em first and then they'll be happy with ONLY 9500".

But what do I know?