Jard's

Jun 6, 2013
Hi everyone

What brings me to this forum. Well my wife and i currently have our business 's and property's for sale in Perth. We are planning once sold to relocate to Bail or Thailand. We travel several times a year to both country's with 3 trips this year to bail.
So what we are looking for is to see others experiences and gather information on Bail. If we relocate to Bail we would rent for sale12 months first. We would require schooling for our is11 year old son.

And we would like to make new friends in Bail.

Ash

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
I'm accused of being crass and unthinking but I have to say this is the wrong place to school an 11 year old boy unless your aspirations for him are to make him the dishwashing king of Perth when he gets back. The schools here are shite.

Send him to an International school in SG/UK/AnyfuckingwherebutBali. It only costs about $40k/year with flights/cloths/food money etc. That'll be chump change for someone selling their businesses and houses in Perth won't it?

The rest of your post can be answered avidly, clearly and at great length by using the search facility/button.

Jard's

Jun 6, 2013
I'm accused of being crass and unthinking but I have to say this is the wrong place to school an 11 year old boy unless your aspirations for him are to make him the dishwashing king of Perth when he gets back. The schools here are shite.

Send him to an International school in SG/UK/AnyfuckingwherebutBali. It only costs about $40k/year with flights/cloths/food money etc. That'll be chump change for someone selling their businesses and houses in Perth won't it?

The rest of your post can be answered avidly, clearly and at great length by using the search facility/button.

Markit thanks for your replie and I have to agree you do seam to be a bit crass, I have read a bit of this forum before joining. However I would rather that as I cannot see the point of beating around the bush.

I would have to think with the Aussie expat comunity in Bali thire should be at lease one good school.

If we choose to stay in Bali it will only be for about 12 months and thought it would be a good expirence for our son but schooling is our number one concern.

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
Crass is my middle name and I hate bushes too.

A 12 month stay is great for the boy - I retract my concerns and hope no offense was taken.

What I can't abide is the blithe-spirited wankers that think their own experience of Bali is worth more than the formative years of their kids and want to come live here forever irregardless what havoc this may do to developing minds.

Lahen

Aug 17, 2013
Hello All!
My name is Lahen and I am 22 years old. I am here to make new friends and discuss with peoples. Hope to spend a good time with all of you.

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
You're an idiot then.
Why are you answering a post about people moving from Perth with a 12 year old boy?

Maybe you can use the school information on this thread to get an education? As Mr. T would say "FOOL".

Lea

Jun 11, 2012
Ash....If you are only staying for 12 months...What then..??

We are from Down South of Perth and wasn't keen on any of the schools in
Bali so my son is doing online schooling through SIDE..who are based in Leederville..
Very happy with the teachers and the constant assistance they provide...

hermit

Aug 19, 2010
Bona gianyar
We would require schooling for our is11 year old son.

As for that,my advice would be to focus on what he could NOT learn in an australian school.It makes no sense to relocate and search for what you leave behind,right?For that you should enroll him in a -at least mixed-local school so he gets local friends.What the school would lack for a sixth grader could easily be rectified by you i think,or with online lessons.What he would learn from being friends with Balinese of the same age is a sense of togetherness ,independence and respect for his fellowman whatever their race of religion.Life is about more than what is in a curriculum.
The farther away from the busy south the better i think.
If you decide to stay in Bali,schools like Dyatmika in Sanur attract a very mixed public.
Good luck and do not let yourself be put off by the usual vinegarpissers.

Lea

Jun 11, 2012
Vinegarpissers...I have never heard of that saying before...!!

Oh I wonder who this is referring about...

First letter of name starts with....??

MMMMMMMMMight be time for me to leave....!!

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
Can't think who might be meant by the term "vinegarpisser" but I really like it and at the price of vinegar here on Bali I should be able to find the culprit by the line of people with bottles :greedy_dollars:

simonblackie

Jul 13, 2013
Jards,

We have just been through the same process, location is also something to think about. i.e. where you are looking to base yourself in relation to the school( traffic can be a bitch). We based near Berawa so we could be close to the AIS, but there were no places available for our 10 yr old so we went with CCS or Canggu International school( 3mins from the house). Best thing is Google the different schools, look at locations on a map and then have a look. Most schools have a waiting list as well.
Good Luck.

JohnnyCool

Jan 10, 2009
Sanur
I think location is extremely important given the traffic conditions these days in especially in the South.
If the school you choose is far away from where you live here, you might need to employ a driver, drive yourself or hope that the school has some kind of bus service.

As simonblackie said:
Best thing is Google the different schools, look at locations on a map and then have a look.