New Shipping Containers - Where can I buy in Indo?

BaliLife

Mar 27, 2007
Anyhody have any idea where I could find a seller of new shipping containers in Indonesia? 20' and 40'. I've been looking, and calling to no avail.. Many used ones available, but no new ones. For there to be used ones, you'd assume somewhere there are new ones.

Thanks,

Ct

Roy

Nov 5, 2002
Ubud, Bali
OK, I’ll admit your question has raised my curiosity...to the extent that the obvious should be asked. That is, why do brand new containers have an appeal to you over used ones?

IMHO, backed by over ten years of exporting out of Indonesia, frankly, I avoid new containers. This isn’t because of any illegal activity, fun as it might be to speculate, but rather hard knocks and learning just how much it costs to have a container emptied by US Customs for 100% inspection, only to find out later that repacking the container in the same was it was originally packed was mission impossible IV...and this easily added $2,000.00 to the original container load.

So, why the interest in new containers?

BaliLife

Mar 27, 2007
i can understand why in that case you'd avoid new containers.. i'm not actually using them as containers for shipping goods in or out.. i'm interested in the containers themselves - the structure and particularly the condition of the paneling is important..

i am looking for new ones not because i'm decided that i need new ones at this point, but rather because i'm trying to get a basis for a price comparison between new and used.. i already know the approximate cost of used ones..

ct