New regulations for getting hotel permit

spicyayam

Jan 12, 2009
My wife was telling me that there are new regulations for getting a hotel permit in Bali.

You now need to have 50 are of land for the hotel. It seems like the government is trying to tighten the screws on smaller developments. It seems look a good idea to control development, but a shame to restrict smaller boutique style hotels.

There is always the pondok wisata licence, but that is just up to 5 rooms and only available to Indonesians.

SamD

Sep 7, 2006
Seminyak
Whenever a government department introduces a new regulation you can be sure that they have not thought it through properly. The law of unintended consequences will always apply. There are ulterior motives at play here, as in many of Indonesia's laws. The privileged class are protecting their interests, you can be sure of that.

Forest Bather

Sep 17, 2016
My wife was telling me that there are new regulations for getting a hotel permit in Bali.

You now need to have 50 are of land for the hotel. It seems like the government is trying to tighten the screws on smaller developments. It seems look a good idea to control development, but a shame to restrict smaller boutique style hotels.

There is always the pondok wisata licence, but that is just up to 5 rooms and only available to Indonesians.

Hi SpicyAyam, are these new regulations in force?