tintin

Sep 13, 2005
Boston, MA, USA
I meant to ask these questions for some time. SO, here there are

1) Why when one posts a "new post" or put a comment about an old post, the new post or the comment do NOT appear under "What's New" or "New Post?" :icon_evil:

2) Why are the posts under "What's New," and "New Posts" the same thing? :icon_rolleyes:

Thanks.

PS. And I just checked: my new post about "New Posts" does not appear under "What's New" or "New Posts.":icon_exclaim:

Last edited:

pollyanna

Feb 8, 2010
Ubud, Bali
I meant to ask these questions for some time. SO, here there are
1) Why when one posts a "new post" or put a comment about an old post, the new post or the comment do NOT appear under "What's New" or "New Post?" :icon_evil:
2) Why are the posts under "What's New," and "New Posts" the same thing? :icon_rolleyes:
Thanks.
PS. And I just checked: my new post about "New Posts" does not appear under "What's New" or "New Posts.":icon_exclaim:

Tintin, New Posts is where I go when I check in to BaliPod and your New Posts post showed up. So far as I can tell I'm not missing any new stuff by clicking on New Posts. I seem to be getting all the new comments to old posts, also.

tintin

Sep 13, 2005
Boston, MA, USA
Yes, it just showed up, but that was exceptional, and I stand by my first remarks. What about my post made 12 hours ago, about "Sponsorship letter for Social Visa?" (Now "yesterday at 12:47 pm) It was never included in the "New Posts.":icon_rolleyes:

And NOW, I just checked and it has disappeared again from "New Posts," at least on MY computer.:icon_evil::icon_evil:

Last edited:

Butch

Feb 26, 2007
South Gippsland
Yes, it just showed up, but that was exceptional, and I stand by my first remarks. What about my post made 12 hours ago, about "Sponsorship letter for Social Visa?" (Now "yesterday at 12:47 pm) It was never included in the "New Posts.":icon_rolleyes:

And NOW, I just checked and it has disappeared again from "New Posts," at least on MY computer.:icon_evil::icon_evil:

I pretty sure when you open a new post is disappears from the New Post area for you but others can still see it. Maybe "New Posts" should be called "Unread Posts".

tintin

Sep 13, 2005
Boston, MA, USA
I pretty sure when you open a new post is disappears from the New Post area for you but others can still see it. Maybe "New Posts" should be called "Unread Posts".

Not so, Butch. Why would it work for other viewers and not for me? What so special about my PC? And it has nothing to do with "read" or "unread": there is a code for that.

As indicated last night (my time), my last comment on the string "New Posts" finally appeared in "What's New-New Post" This morning, it is GONE again from there, and your OWN comment on the same topic does not appear appear either: I had to go see it on the Forum "Bali Xpat Forum.":icon_exclaim:

My, or someone else's, latest comments on,

- Special ceremony and cremation,
- Sponsership (sic) letter for social visa
- Should I bring my cat's (sic) to Bali

do NOT appear on "What's New-New Post" this morning, period: they appear on "Bali Xpat Forum."

There is nothing magic about a computer and how it works: it's only simple logic, and if the logic is flaw...:icon_rolleyes:

tintin

Sep 13, 2005
Boston, MA, USA
No answers

No answers from the Administration to a REAL problem, which has been going on for a long time. I give up.:icon_evil::icon_evil::icon_evil:

Tory70

Apr 21, 2010

just as well it did not appear in new posts (your version of the social visa letter) or you may have scared new readers right off!! Wot was that letter all about tin tin?

Last edited:

tintin

Sep 13, 2005
Boston, MA, USA
just as well it did not appear in new posts (your version of the social visa letter) or you may have scared new readers right off!! Wot was that letter all about tin tin?

First of all, my "problem" with "New Posts" was solved by Pollyanna's and the Administrator's clear explanations (see, "New Posts, Cont'd"). So, my sponsor's letter did appeared in "New Posts."

Second, how could my "sponsor's letter" ever SCARE new readers? I am sorry that my feeble attempt at some humor failed flat, as far as you're concerned. But I understand that one should first be familiar with life in Bali to maybe appreciate?:icon_rolleyes:

Jesse

Feb 16, 2010
Melbourne
Maybe Butch could be right since most vbulletin forums only show the unread post in the new post search result list. Which means that others can see your new response or thread as long as they haven't visited it yet or "read" it yet same as for the user who posted it. IMO