tintin

Sep 13, 2005
Boston, MA, USA
Maybe you're asleep or on vacation and do not check all of the comments on this Website.

In the past, I have noticed the problem with "New Posts" and the fact that new posts or new comments are NOT ALL REGISTERED on the "New Posts" thread. I did not bother to point it out until now, thinking that the Administrator would have picked it up and corrected. When I did, couple of days ago, there are NO answers from the Administrator (!?)

As examples, here are THREE comments & postings, BRAND NEW, which NEVER appeared under "New Posts." Instead, they ALL 4 appeared only on the forum "Bali Expat Forum," wehere they were posted. Also, they are not in bold letters (I have no clue about why some of the strings' titles are in bold letters and some are not). So, what is the significance of bold letters in a string title?

- The new string title "New Posts," which I started couple of days ago.
- "Should I bring my cats to Bali" (comment)
- "Special Ceremonies and Cremations" (comment)
- "Sponcorship Letter for Social Visa" (comment)

So, what about an answer about what is obviously a big dug in your software?:icon_evil:

-

pollyanna

Feb 8, 2010
Ubud, Bali
Hello Tintin,
All the comments in your list below showed up when I clicked on New Posts.
A post will only show up in New Posts once. After you've clicked on the final page of a thread that thread will not show up on New Posts again until someone adds a new comment.
Have you tried sending a PM to Admin to talk about this? It certainly could be that Admin is away from the computer and hasn't seen your posts about this.

Maybe you're asleep or on vacation and do not check all of the comments on this Website.
In the past, I have noticed the problem with "New Posts" and the fact that new posts or new comments are NOT ALL REGISTERED on the "New Posts" thread. I did not bother to point it out until now, thinking that the Administrator would have picked it up and corrected. When I did, couple of days ago, there are NO answers from the Administrator (!?)
As examples, here are THREE comments & postings, BRAND NEW, which NEVER appeared under "New Posts." Instead, they ALL 4 appeared only on the forum "Bali Expat Forum," wehere they were posted. Also, they are not in bold letters (I have no clue about why some of the strings' titles are in bold letters and some are not). So, what is the significance of bold letters in a string title?
- The new string title "New Posts," which I started couple of days ago.
- "Should I bring my cats to Bali" (comment)
- "Special Ceremonies and Cremations" (comment)
- "Sponcorship Letter for Social Visa" (comment)
So, what about an answer about what is obviously a big dug in your software?:icon_evil:
-

balipod-admin

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 12, 2010
When I did, couple of days ago, there are NO answers from the Administrator
I was trying to find a good explanation about how this works, so I could just copy and paste it into the thread, but nothing came up.

If you are logged into the forum and click on a thread, it will be marked as "read" and won't show up under "What's new". The same thing happens I believe if you comment on a thread, so your own posts won't show under "What's new", but for anyone else it will show up as a new post.

tintin

Sep 13, 2005
Boston, MA, USA
Problem Solved

OK, Pollyanna and Administrator, I believe that between your two responses, I now can make some sense out of the system.

A new post appears on your "What's New" until you read. Once you have clicked on it and opened it to read it, it disappears from your "What's New," and if you want to see it again, you must go to the particular Forum where it was originally posted. Now this is logical and makes sense.

Thanks, guys, for the prompt help.:icon_biggrin: