Status
Not open for further replies.
C

CanonMan

Can people please STOP emailing me about helping them to source or make their clothing in Bali. I am no longer involved with the rag trade here.

Cheers,
mark.

C

CanonMan

Inundated with mails to help source fabric and manufacturers, obviously all expecting me to run around Bali for shits and giggles, on my dime, to help their labels etc. If we had this kinda response when we were operating it would have been pretty cool, not so much now.

Cheers,
Mark.

SHoggard

Nov 28, 2011
Singapore
If we had this kinda response when we were operating it would have been pretty cool, not so much now.

Cheers,
Mark.

Well there might be a 'brokerage/finder's fee' business in it for you ... In my business I get the same kinda email crap "Cos you're an expert let me pick your brains" usually I reply (everso politely), "Sure, happy to help, what's your budget for my services?"
Usually they run a mile lol

That said I did ONCE get a paying gig from my standard reply

C

CanonMan

Yeah tried that too. People expect all the contacts as a favor. Sorry but I don't spend a year putting together my suppliers just to give that info away in an email with someone I don't know from Adam. I went with an hourly rate and people then expected me to prove my hours work. Short of filming me sitting in traffic with a copy of that days paper showing the date and a print out of their emails to prove I was on the case for them meant I would have ended up driving like the traditional Balinese Driver of the Year. Maybe that's it, all the nutmeg maneuvers we see on the roads of Bali are probably down to drivers seeking out the main board short producing manufacturer whilst holding up printed evidence of them working for the International brand developer expecting the info for nowt!

Cheers,
Mark.

SHoggard

Nov 28, 2011
Singapore
I just came up with a scale of flat-rate fees:
1. $x for initial report
2. $y for visit to supplier (with pics)
3. $z for following up on behalf of the client on the emails they sent but never got answered

A take-it or leave it deal.

SHoggard

Nov 28, 2011
Singapore
I'm sure that would be a real help Jack.... except that the problem seems to be that many of the people looking for manufacturers seem to have it in their minds that they want to find cheap manufacturers (clothing/bags/belts/fashion/baby wear etc) BUT they also want these manufacturers to be IN BALI - and even if these suppliers don't really exist, or can produce to the quality/quantity they need in Bali they still WANT ( :grief: ) them to be in Bali - probably so they can have a holiday & pretend its business.

China definately IS business & certainly no holiday.

rodknee

Oct 6, 2013
Hi Missliss75, I run a small Swimwear & Underwear factory in Jakarta so if you are looking to source these types of product pls contact me. We also have a production base in Bali for Boardshorts & T-shirts. Let me know if you would like more info. Thanks

Hello Damien,
I am also interested in your Bali boardshort base. Would you please contact me as well. I have one week left in Bali now, and have met some very talented and reliable people here, but still need nice boardshorts and good T's, thank you.

zeusandcoco

Aug 27, 2013
Don't waste your time with Flamboyan. We flew from Australia to see them and they forgot to pick us up (a service they had offered to us without us asking), when we finally got there 2 hours later we spent a good 2 hours discussing our plans and brought physical samples, she (Rasmini) wrote pages of notes and promised she would get back to us in a couple of weeks. 7 weeks later and I have heard nothing from her at all, and she still has our samples.
She also forgot to mention until we got there she wouldn't be able to begin production for over 6 weeks and would take at least 2-3 months to produce a small order. Had we known that we wouldn't have wasted our time seeing them in the first place. We never got any indication of prices whatsoever.
Any business that needs to recruit a 'friend' (read: themselves) to constantly spriuk their business on forums should be avoided. The idea of having beautiful Balinese make your clothes is very appealing but unless you have money to burn for your start-up, go to China or Vietnam (where Zara now has a lot of their garments made).

rodknee

Oct 6, 2013
Diy

Don't waste your time with Flamboyan. We flew from Australia to see them and they forgot to pick us up (a service they had offered to us without us asking), when we finally got there 2 hours later we spent a good 2 hours discussing our plans and brought physical samples, she (Rasmini) wrote pages of notes and promised she would get back to us in a couple of weeks. 7 weeks later and I have heard nothing from her at all, and she still has our samples.
She also forgot to mention until we got there she wouldn't be able to begin production for over 6 weeks and would take at least 2-3 months to produce a small order. Had we known that we wouldn't have wasted our time seeing them in the first place. We never got any indication of prices whatsoever.
Any business that needs to recruit a 'friend' (read: themselves) to constantly spriuk their business on forums should be avoided. The idea of having beautiful Balinese make your clothes is very appealing but unless you have money to burn for your start-up, go to China or Vietnam (where Zara now has a lot of their garments made).

gemma

Nov 5, 2013
Hello Damian, please could you provide me with your contact for your swimwear / G

Hi Missliss75, I run a small Swimwear & Underwear factory in Jakarta so if you are looking to source these types of product pls contact me. We also have a production base in Bali for Boardshorts & T-shirts. Let me know if you would like more info. Thanks

gemma

Nov 5, 2013
Swimwear / lingerie production

Hello Damien, I am interested in production of lingerie and swimwear. Please advise. Thank you.

harrisonflav

Dec 9, 2013
Hello,
I am starting up a streetwear clothing brand and looking for manufacturing in Bali. My products are t-shirts, jumpers, beanies etc. Does anyone know of good manufacturing companies in Bali? Please let me know.
Thankyou

Harrison

harrisonflav

Dec 9, 2013
Hello,
I am starting up a streetwear clothing brand and looking for manufacturing in Bali. My products are t-shirts, jumpers, beanies etc. Does anyone know of good manufacturing companies in Bali? Please let me know.
Thankyou

Harrison

SHoggard

Nov 28, 2011
Singapore
I trust you have read this thread from the begining, if so you'll have read that Bali is not a major industrial center and has no manufacturing to speak of... plenty of 1-off tailors.

BTW - what's a 'jumper'? In my part of the world it is a woolen 'pullover' a kind of long sleeve knitted t-shirt thing generally worn in cold climates - Bali isn't one of them

Try Java - or China.

harrisonflav

Dec 9, 2013
I trust you have read this thread from the begining, if so you'll have read that Bali is not a major industrial center and has no manufacturing to speak of... plenty of 1-off tailors.

BTW - what's a 'jumper'? In my part of the world it is a woolen 'pullover' a kind of long sleeve knitted t-shirt thing generally worn in cold climates - Bali isn't one of them

Try Java - or China.

Yes I have read the previous comments. A jumper is a hoodie/sweater. Do you know any manufacturers in Java or China? I am aware of the climate in Bali but I am looking for manufacturers to produce jumpers rather then preparing to wear one there.
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.