Status
Not open for further replies.

zabsgirl

Jan 23, 2012
Hello everyone,

I am the Designer/Owner of a children's wear label in Australia. My business partner and I are looking to expand our operations and place our manufacturing offshore. From our research, the manufacturing industry in Bali seems compatible with our type of operation. We have researched and researched as well as sent out emails to factories with very limtied success.

Is anyone able to please help furbish us with information regarding which manufacturers are reliable and produce a high quality garment, and what is your experience with them? Do you source all your materials and trims in Bali or do you ship it in? Is it best to go it alone, or would you recommend using an Agent? If so, is there anyone you can recommend? I speak fluent Bahasa and lived in and worked in Jakarta for a few years (back in the 90s), so I understand the cultural nuances, jam karet etc.

We are planning a trip to Bali in March and would like to organise appointments to get samples made and check quality etc. Any help anyone can offer, no matter how insignificant you feel it is, would be very, very much appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

julias.andre

Jul 28, 2011
Denpasar Bali
Bandung and Bali is different. i think Bali is better for the quality print, sew, pattern. There are a lot of manufacture in Bali, but it's need to compatible with your type of product many think to check before you go to one of them.

C

CanonMan

We produce clothes here in Bali, Ocean and other water sports as well as Beachwear etc etc. We've been doing this for nearly two years now and I can tell you it is a big challenge.

We are now looking at sourcing the work in Bandung and the fabrics from China. Small quantities here are OK but things we have learned:

1) Nail the price down with a price agreement signed before the order is made. Otherwise you WILL get met with a price hike when you go to collect the order.
2) If you supply the material, male spot checks and measurements if you leave the fabric stocks with the factory. They WILL use your fabric for their own goods.
3) If you get any rejects, take them but don't pay for them. We've found items that we rejected for horrible work only to find the factory was selling them at cheap shops in Kuta and villages on the island, very damaging for your corporate image!
4) If you are doing the printing here then you go and process the screen films. Inflated prices and shoddy work will ruin a run of 100 Tee shirts because the locals workers don't know that what they are seeing is NOT what you want!
5) Stick to your guns. Some of the factories will continually try weaseling extra pennies for 'hidden costs'. Be cool but adamant, you have a price and stick with that.

If you need any more info feel free to DM although I don't come here as much as I used to.

Cheers,
Cam

Elyse

Jun 27, 2012
I have a friend who owns her own clothing manufacturing business in Bali. She's been there for decades. She is British, and speaks fluent Indonesian. Her company is called Flamboyan LTD. Phone is
62-361-287220.

sashimie

Mar 31, 2012
Hi Kayoti,
I'm looking for a clothing manufacturer based in Indonesia. Do you have company profile or website?

Thanks!

Elyse

Jun 27, 2012
Hi Zabsgirl, Contact Rasmini Gardiner in Bali: Business is Flamboyan Ltd. Her new phone number is: 62-361-254672. Very reliable.

CTM

Nov 19, 2012
Hi Engelina,

I am interested in starting my own label and would like to manufacture my products in Bali as I have been told that I can find excellent manufactures there.
I have started doing some research as to where I can go, and had found this thread with your post.
Do you have a contact for me to get in touch with you?
I would love to hear about your services and what your company offers.

Thanks

josiejo

Nov 20, 2012
Hi there!

I would like to source fabric for a children's clothing line in Bali and would appreciate any guidance on where to purchase pure cotton/organic cotton in either a knit or woven fabric. Any information would be terrific.

Many thanks

Jessica

Nov 19, 2012
Hi Engelina,

I am coming to Bali in a few days and have been researching manufacturers for childrens clothing, are you interested in setting an appointment with me? I am presuming you are located in Bali not Jakarta??

Jessica

Nov 19, 2012
Hi Cam, i have found your input very helpful with regards to everything. i am just starting the manufacturing of a childrens clothing line and had some samples made up earlier this year, can't fault the sewing, but have had untold issues getting anything done to a time line. So i am now ready to launch a range but am not in the 100 per garment category (YET) and i like to work with the small businesses to help the average battler, but realise i have to look for other manufacturers as sadly the women i have been working with in Bali is not going to be able to accomodate me the way i have structured my business, anyway, do you knowwhere i can find good quality workmanship? and where can i source fabrics because that has been an issue with the young lady i have been working with so i think i need to come and check out the fabric wholesalers as well to see if this is going to work for me. so if you have any ideas i would appreciate your help. My husband and i are coming this Thursday 29th till Tuesday 4th Dec hoping to source some good manufacturers but for a small business.
So would appreciate anything that might help us.

Cheers,
Jessica.

We produce clothes here in Bali, Ocean and other water sports as well as Beachwear etc etc. We've been doing this for nearly two years now and I can tell you it is a big challenge.

We are now looking at sourcing the work in Bandung and the fabrics from China. Small quantities here are OK but things we have learned:

1) Nail the price down with a price agreement signed before the order is made. Otherwise you WILL get met with a price hike when you go to collect the order.
2) If you supply the material, male spot checks and measurements if you leave the fabric stocks with the factory. They WILL use your fabric for their own goods.
3) If you get any rejects, take them but don't pay for them. We've found items that we rejected for horrible work only to find the factory was selling them at cheap shops in Kuta and villages on the island, very damaging for your corporate image!
4) If you are doing the printing here then you go and process the screen films. Inflated prices and shoddy work will ruin a run of 100 Tee shirts because the locals workers don't know that what they are seeing is NOT what you want!
5) Stick to your guns. Some of the factories will continually try weaseling extra pennies for 'hidden costs'. Be cool but adamant, you have a price and stick with that.

If you need any more info feel free to DM although I don't come here as much as I used to.

Cheers,
Cam

C

CanonMan

hi jessica,
am eating a donut so one finger typing at the moment.

better for you to contact me when you get here, will give you my cell number and chat is easier than writting here.

cheers,
mark.

Jessica

Nov 19, 2012
Hi Cam,

Thanks for your quick reply, that sounds good so what is your number. i will get myself a bali sim card as soon as i arrive. (Hope the donut was good)

Cheers
Jessica

C

CanonMan

Hi Jessica,
Back in the land of Capitals. Maybe you can drop me a line here: mark at liquidmocean dot com

Cheers,
Mark.

Sonny

May 28, 2013
Hi Zabsgirl,

Iam in the process of designing my own childrens fairy costumes and have considered out sourcing the manufacturing to Bali.
I followed your thread and some people recommended Flamboyan Ltd
Can you please let me know if you found this manufacturer good and if they were able to provide a large range of fabrics.
Otherwise can you please let me know if you found any other manufacturers that are able to provide the service of a boutique fashion range for children.
Thankyou

Sonny

May 28, 2013
Hi Jessica,
Re: Manufacturers for childrens clothing.
I have read your thread and I too are in the process of designing a childrens range of clothing. I was wondering if you had any success in finding a good manufacture.
I would appreciate any help or advice.
Thankyou
Sonny

Damien-inform

Jun 17, 2013
Hi Kayoticlaudia, would you be able to PM me because I am also looking to get quality clothing made and am plannnig a trip to Jakarta. Thanks melissa

Hi Missliss75, I run a small Swimwear & Underwear factory in Jakarta so if you are looking to source these types of product pls contact me. We also have a production base in Bali for Boardshorts & T-shirts. Let me know if you would like more info. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.