newlife35

Dec 19, 2013
Perth for now
We are looking for some information in regards to hiring a nanny to help mostly with the baby aged 1 and the two other kids aged 5 and 6. I am still recovering from 4 out of 5 failed spinal surgeries and not fully up to being able to look after kids on my own. Would appreciate personal experience on where to look, down falls and appropriate pay. We are living in Sanur and kids will be home schooled until August.
Many Thanks in advance

samsiam

Feb 2, 2014
On your own ??

More knowledgeable shall reply, but I thought pays were in vicinity of $100/$200 per month, 150 getting you quite a reasonable one with english skills.

I am starting homeschool also, scary.

newlife35

Dec 19, 2013
Perth for now
On your own ??

More knowledgeable shall reply, but I thought pays were in vicinity of $100/$200 per month, 150 getting you quite a reasonable one with english skills.

I am starting homeschool also, scary.

No ive got my hubby here but he is going to be working. Thanks for your advice hope I can find help soon. The homeschool side of things well ill let you know after tomorrow got all of the resources from SIDE distance ed in Western Australia so they try and make it as easy as possible its the listening to mummy side of things!!!!

Good luck

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
Newlife with the best will in the world someone should point out to you that you should take your wee kiddies and you 1 out of 5 spines back to a civilized country where they can look after you all.

You are in no shape to be starting out with a new employee, babies, kiddies, hubby's job, etc. etc. it will end badly, I promise.

Don't wait, do it now!

Joe Writeson

Jul 30, 2013
Indonesia
Like you telling everyone to piss off back home you mean ?

If you care to read it again it was quite a compassionate post by Markit's standards.

... it's realistic advice...

I do not care how many references your housemaids/gardeners/drivers have. how long you have known them or how much you and your kids love them... 99% of major household related 'incidents' always come back to 'perpetrated' by staff ... and an invalid with limited ability to intervene will always be viewed as a 'easy touch' ... check the JP archives.

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
Like you telling everyone to piss off back home you mean ?

One of the many things I love about the forum/internet/married life is that we no longer need to be nice and support stupid illusions.

If someone is doing or suggesting something that I think is bad... I simply say so. I try to do it in a fashion that is reflective of my regards for the depth of the poster/bandwidth/temper of wife, unfortunately not always successfully.

I also believe that people feel free to post on forums their deepest thoughts with no fear of being personally ridiculed - by personally I mean I'm not standing in their front hall shouting abuse at them. But they do so in the earnest hope of an honest answer.

Not a good place for delusionals that have issues to work through needing support but more a place to go for our brand of breathtaking honesty.

It's up to each of us if we stay or not - Sam you seem to have gotten the flavour...

newlife35

Dec 19, 2013
Perth for now
Yes it does samsiam it is a fantastic system with all the books, activities and resources set out on a daily basis so even an idiot can follow it!

newlife35

Dec 19, 2013
Perth for now
Markit I appreciate some of your concern but find that every post I make the reference to packing up and going to home really tideous I'm here living in Bali and need to get on with it. Whether I recover from my surgeries here, Australia or any other country I need support. I am open to honest opinions and value the intent behind even the negative feedback but please with all the negatives, can you also make some suggestions Re what the F$&k! I do about finding the right people or point me in the direction of another forum where people want to help!
Many Thanks and I look forward to your breathtaking response of honesty....

samsiam

Feb 2, 2014
Yes it does samsiam it is a fantastic system with all the books, activities and resources set out on a daily basis so even an idiot can follow it!

Sounds good and would like to look into it, but I do not have any affiliation within WA anymore, unfortunately.

samsiam

Feb 2, 2014
Markit I appreciate some of your concern but find that every post I make the reference to packing up and going to home really tideous I'm here living in Bali and need to get on with it. Whether I recover from my surgeries here, Australia or any other country I need support. I am open to honest opinions and value the intent behind even the negative feedback but please with all the negatives, can you also make some suggestions Re what the F$&k! I do about finding the right people or point me in the direction of another forum where people want to help!
Many Thanks and I look forward to your breathtaking response of honesty....

You not the lone ranger there...I'll look forward to it also..

and no doubt his runner up will be along to throw in his last words soonish...