balinews

Feb 14, 2010
"Tickets for foreign tourists increased from Rp 72,500 to Rp 267,500 . Meanwhile, admission to local tourists from Rp 10,000 per person , now up to Rp 37,500."

"For admission rates during holidays, for local travelers from Rp 10,000 to Rp 67,500 . While for foreign travelers from Rp 72,500 to Rp 640,000 . Official new rates into effect as of 1 May 2014."

Harga Tiket Masuk ke Semeru-Bromo Naik 3 Kali Lipat - Tribunnews.com

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
How could we translate for these assholes that charging foreign visitors 10+ times what you charge the locals is called "Killing the Goose that Lays GOLDEN EGGS"?

Smoke

Dec 3, 2011
Sanur
Do what i do enough times lol

had me and a group of all local friends go to a hot springs they wanted to charge me over 600,000 rupiah and the locals only 70,000 so we left .went about 15 km away to another one where we all paid 60,000 each.

Problem is many pay it and keep paying it. U allow it to happen

Nakal

Nov 9, 2006
Anywhere

had me and a group of all local friends go to a hot springs they wanted to charge me over 600,000 rupiah and the locals only 70,000 so we left .went about 15 km away to another one where we all paid 60,000 each.

Good idea, please point me to the next Mt Bromo which is as accesible as this one. Preferably on the same island?

Understand your point though, won't work with the majority of the tourists.

Rangi

May 23, 2011
Legian
Well I went there around 3 years ago and I am nearly 100% sure it was free then too.

tintin

Sep 13, 2005
Boston, MA, USA

1985. Gunung Bromo has to be the most spectacular place I have ever experienced. Arriving early evening in Ngadisari from Probolingo, after a 3-hours ride up the mountain, walked up the 3kms for another hour or so to Ceremo Lawang, and after a bite to eat at the very basic Bromo Permai, located on the ridge of the caldera, took in the majestic and somewhat creepy landscape (with a little bit of imagination, one can hear the Nibelungen laboring under ground). The air, full with sulfur emanations, was very cold.

Up at 4.00am. It froze during the night, and the water in the mandi was frozen, so that was a very quick washing. Spectacular sun rise around 6.00am.

The Sea of Sand is still swallowed by the morning mist. We got down the caldera, mounted some old horses and rode for about 1 hour in the cloud (with a guide) across the Sea of Sand to the foot of the crater.

Returning to the caldera rim, took a last look at the crater under quite different conditions

Last edited:

natwins

Jan 20, 2014

I have just returned from my latest visit to Bali and have some news re HOT SPRINGS for those who enjoy them....
In an old post which I can't find now, one of you questioned if the springs near Angsri south of Bedubul where still operational.
Yes they are. The cost is 30k. There are very few visitors there since the road is pretty worn out.

The HOT springs near Lovina at Banjar cost just 10k and have better facilities too. Running the gauntlet of the dozens of stallholders flanking the road to the spring is all part of it I suppose.
Also, the SING SING waterfalls are good if you have strong legs since there is a lot of wading and scrambling over slippery rocks. I was in a group of 4 and we paid 30k for the lot....the guide grumbled a bit through.