Bali Villa Sales

Villas of Bali ™ is the trusted real estate company that offers the most beautiful villas for sale on Bali. Visit our experienced and helpful staff in our office in Seminyak, or search the extensive villa listing online at www.balivillasales.com, providing the most exclusive properties for sale. Villas of Bali ™ stands for quality, integrity and trust. We help you save time and money, while providing you peace of mind of your property related needs. Send us an email to info@villasofbali.com, or call us at +62 878 6249 3526.

1. Welcome Guest to the new look Balipod. If you are an existing member, just sign up with your usual username/password. Any problems you can post them here
    Dismiss Notice

Mt Bromo entrance ticket prices to rise from May 1st 2014

Discussion in 'Bali News - Indonesia News' started by balinews, Feb 28, 2014.

1. balinews

balinews Member

"Tickets for foreign tourists increased from Rp 72,500 to Rp 267,500 . Meanwhile, admission to local tourists from Rp 10,000 per person , now up to Rp 37,500."

"For admission rates during holidays, for local travelers from Rp 10,000 to Rp 67,500 . While for foreign travelers from Rp 72,500 to Rp 640,000 . Official new rates into effect as of 1 May 2014."

Harga Tiket Masuk ke Semeru-Bromo Naik 3 Kali Lipat - Tribunnews.com

2. Markit

Markit Well-Known Member

How could we translate for these assholes that charging foreign visitors 10+ times what you charge the locals is called "Killing the Goose that Lays GOLDEN EGGS"?

3. Smoke

Smoke Active Member

Do what i do enough times lol

had me and a group of all local friends go to a hot springs they wanted to charge me over 600,000 rupiah and the locals only 70,000 so we left .went about 15 km away to another one where we all paid 60,000 each.

Problem is many pay it and keep paying it. U allow it to happen

4. Nakal

Nakal Member

Good idea, please point me to the next Mt Bromo which is as accesible as this one. Preferably on the same island?

Understand your point though, won't work with the majority of the tourists.

5. tintin

tintin Active Member

Lucky me. I visited there twice, some 30 years, and it was free.:barbershop_quartet_

6. Markit

Markit Well-Known Member

Yeah Tintin but way back then it was only a hill :adoration:

7. Rangi

Rangi Active Member

Well I went there around 3 years ago and I am nearly 100% sure it was free then too.

8. gilbert de jong

gilbert de jong Active Member

depends on wich road one choses to go up...go via probolinggo = pay....go via pasuruan = free

9. Satellite_17

Satellite_17 New Member

Thank you for the info.

10. tintin

tintin Active Member

[​IMG]

1985. Gunung Bromo has to be the most spectacular place I have ever experienced. Arriving early evening in Ngadisari from Probolingo, after a 3-hours ride up the mountain, walked up the 3kms for another hour or so to Ceremo Lawang, and after a bite to eat at the very basic Bromo Permai, located on the ridge of the caldera, took in the majestic and somewhat creepy landscape (with a little bit of imagination, one can hear the Nibelungen laboring under ground). The air, full with sulfur emanations, was very cold.

[​IMG]

Up at 4.00am. It froze during the night, and the water in the mandi was frozen, so that was a very quick washing. Spectacular sun rise around 6.00am.

[​IMG]

The Sea of Sand is still swallowed by the morning mist. We got down the caldera, mounted some old horses and rode for about 1 hour in the cloud (with a guide) across the Sea of Sand to the foot of the crater.

[​IMG]

Returning to the caldera rim, took a last look at the crater under quite different conditions

#10 tintin, Mar 13, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2014
  11. natwins

natwins New Member

I have just returned from my latest visit to Bali and have some news re HOT SPRINGS for those who enjoy them....
    In an old post which I can't find now, one of you questioned if the springs near Angsri south of Bedubul where still operational.
    Yes they are. The cost is 30k. There are very few visitors there since the road is pretty worn out.

The HOT springs near Lovina at Banjar cost just 10k and have better facilities too. Running the gauntlet of the dozens of stallholders flanking the road to the spring is all part of it I suppose.
    Also, the SING SING waterfalls are good if you have strong legs since there is a lot of wading and scrambling over slippery rocks. I was in a group of 4 and we paid 30k for the lot....the guide grumbled a bit through.