jadebecca

Apr 6, 2010
kalgoorlie
Hi everyone,
My husband,myself and two kids are wanting to make the move to bali.
We are in Perth and my hubby does fly/in out on the mines,so im on my own alot and well Bali feels more like home than perth.Im trying to do some reserch but there is so much info its doing my heqad in!!
If anyone has any tips/advice it would be greatly appreciated!!
I have a few questions-we have a 4 yr old and im wondering if we have to have a working visa for him to get into school?
I was hoping not to work hopefully.
all these different visas are confusing me!
Where is a good area to live,it would be nice to be near some other expat families?

Thanks again

balipod-admin

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 12, 2010
No problem. Have a read of those threads and feel free to keep posting any more questions you have.

goldminer

Apr 16, 2008
Sanur/Sunrise Dam Gold Mine
Good luck on your move, i am seriously considering doing the same...FI/FO to Perth from Bali. I think your biggest problem is what kind of visa you will use. Hubby will be coming and going presumably on visa on arrival each trip, but you and kids will be different.
My wife and daughter both have Indonesian passports so i dont have that problem.
Welcome to the forum, am sure you will get some good advice from members or the archives.

Blondie

Mar 3, 2010
Hi everyone,

I have a few questions-we have a 4 yr old and im wondering if we have to have a working visa for him to get into school?
I was hoping not to work hopefully.
all these different visas are confusing me!

Thanks again

Hi Becca

First... don't apologies for asking questions...thats what the forum is here for, despite the fact that there will be one or two who feel the need to "police"things and tell you that you should have looked elsewhere. (NOT referring to Spicyayam, who offers good input... but on a few other threads, one guy in particular spends more time reprimanding the question askers than answering the questions... quite funny actually.... I wonder if he wears a special hat?)

Ask away honey... it's an open forum and yorue not a pain.. if someone doesnt want to answer, they can click to another thread.

Initially you and your son can come in on a Social Visa, that lasts 2 months (60 days to be exact) and can be renewed (within Bali) 4 times so you can stay 6 months in one go.. as long as you aren't working

Your son can go to school on that visa no problem... with schools... the visa is irrelevant

The social visa is single entry, so if you need to go out, at any time, you need to get a new visa. I fly to Singapore (but that's a different thread topic)

You can get the social visas at the Indonesian consulate in Australia. But you need a sponsor letter from an Indonesian, which isn't as complicated as it sounds... just someone you know, who is Indonesian. My gardener is my sponsor!!

If you want to use a driver or someone you know... just offer them a 100,000Rp They'll be thrilled with the extra cash, and you have your sponsor letters. You need one letter per visa, so two letters, as Im assuming your husband will come in and out on Visa on arrival which last 30 days and can now be renewed (inside Bali) once per visa for a further 30 days if necessary.

An agency here can do the letter for a couple of hundred thousand.. or I can email you a copy of the one I use and you can fill it in and have your sponsor sign it... thats it. I'm even happy for you to email it back to me once youve filled it in, and your sponsor can come to my place in Seminyak and sign it. Ill scan his KTP card and the signed letter and email the lot to you. Easy

Also you need a photocopy of his KTP card (ID card) two photos of yourself like passport photos (but with a red background and its around 70.00 aussie for the consulate to issue the visa

Once you get that visa from the Consulate (You can do it all by mail too if you're out of the area where the consulate is), its valid for 90 days... ie you can enter Indonesia any time within the 90 days after its issued.

Once you're inside Indonesia, you have 60 days, and not a day more, before you need to renew Renewals are month to month. I use an agency that handles it all for 650 a go. There may be some cheaper but these guys are very reliable and professional... a valuable thing in Bali

As far as schools, where to send him and where you live, you really need to do some investigating from here.

Find somewhere temporary to stay, rent a short term (one month or two) villa and then get out there and explore.

No one can advise you truly on where you should live... its very personal... as is where you send you son to school ... and there's lots of options there too.

Hope that helps

Kind Regards
N

Tory70

Apr 21, 2010
great straight forward info

I found that thread very straight forward and helpfull, I was wondering about the sponsership letter, what actually does it have to say...just that the sponser knows us?
Hi Becca

First... don't apologies for asking questions...thats what the forum is here for, despite the fact that there will be one or two who feel the need to "police"things and tell you that you should have looked elsewhere. (NOT referring to Spicyayam, who offers good input... but on a few other threads, one guy in particular spends more time reprimanding the question askers than answering the questions... quite funny actually.... I wonder if he wears a special hat?)

Ask away honey... it's an open forum and yorue not a pain.. if someone doesnt want to answer, they can click to another thread.

Initially you and your son can come in on a Social Visa, that lasts 2 months (60 days to be exact) and can be renewed (within Bali) 4 times so you can stay 6 months in one go.. as long as you aren't working

Your son can go to school on that visa no problem... with schools... the visa is irrelevant

The social visa is single entry, so if you need to go out, at any time, you need to get a new visa. I fly to Singapore (but that's a different thread topic)

You can get the social visas at the Indonesian consulate in Australia. But you need a sponsor letter from an Indonesian, which isn't as complicated as it sounds... just someone you know, who is Indonesian. My gardener is my sponsor!!

If you want to use a driver or someone you know... just offer them a 100,000Rp They'll be thrilled with the extra cash, and you have your sponsor letters. You need one letter per visa, so two letters, as Im assuming your husband will come in and out on Visa on arrival which last 30 days and can now be renewed (inside Bali) once per visa for a further 30 days if necessary.

An agency here can do the letter for a couple of hundred thousand.. or I can email you a copy of the one I use and you can fill it in and have your sponsor sign it... thats it. I'm even happy for you to email it back to me once youve filled it in, and your sponsor can come to my place in Seminyak and sign it. Ill scan his KTP card and the signed letter and email the lot to you. Easy

Also you need a photocopy of his KTP card (ID card) two photos of yourself like passport photos (but with a red background and its around 70.00 aussie for the consulate to issue the visa

Once you get that visa from the Consulate (You can do it all by mail too if you're out of the area where the consulate is), its valid for 90 days... ie you can enter Indonesia any time within the 90 days after its issued.

Once you're inside Indonesia, you have 60 days, and not a day more, before you need to renew Renewals are month to month. I use an agency that handles it all for 650 a go. There may be some cheaper but these guys are very reliable and professional... a valuable thing in Bali

As far as schools, where to send him and where you live, you really need to do some investigating from here.

Find somewhere temporary to stay, rent a short term (one month or two) villa and then get out there and explore.

No one can advise you truly on where you should live... its very personal... as is where you send you son to school ... and there's lots of options there too.

Hope that helps

Kind Regards
N

kel

May 7, 2010
Canggu, Bali
Canggu

Hi, I Live in Canggu with my two kids my Husband also does fly in fly out in the mines, Canggu has a good school, the Canggu community school and I find Canggu a very quite place to live which is good for the Kids and it's still not to far from Kuta about 25 min.

webmaster705

May 24, 2010
Hi.....I was about to rent a house in Sekuta because it is cheaper than beach side. When I was searching Sekuta in Google I hit this site. May I know where is the Karaoke bar? Does it affect all Sekuta houses? Need your info urgently.
Thanks