Moving to Bali : Visa Question

rcsmith

Nov 9, 2004
Tokyo, Japan
Hello,

Long time lurker, first time poster. I am an American moving to Bali in December. I checked about getting a tourist visa and the longest I can get is for 30 days. Is there another visa that allows you to stay for 60 days or longer? I know you can get a business visa with a letter from a balinese merchant or partner. I will be trying to get the business visa when I arrive is it necessary to leave the country to get your visa status changed?

Thanks for any help in advance,

Ryan

Bert Vierstra

Nov 5, 2002
Homeless
Welcome Ryan...

Yes its nescessary to leave the country, will cost you around 250 USD for a trip to Singapore (most easy)

But it would also be possible to get your business (or Social) visa in Japan before you come here....

May 4, 2004
Hi Ryan, Wow...moving to Bali! Lucky dog. Have you spent much time there? What is it about Bali that has inticed you to move there? Just curious. Best of luck to you on the big move.

rcsmith

Nov 9, 2004
Tokyo, Japan
Wow thanks for the quick replies.

Bert, I went to the Indonesian consulate here in Tokyo and they told me I needed a letter from the wholesaler I was doing business from in Bali stating that I was doing business with them yadayada. I don't currently have this which is kind of the problem. BTW what is a social visa? is the requirement for the social visa the same as a business visa(needing a letter from a local family or business? Any tips on how I could get his from Japan? Thanks for having the website also!

DF,

I went to bali last summer on Holiday. I "accidently" stumbled into a great balinese export. So I mainly am there to set up an export business from Bali. But I initially went there just to surf. I am from California and had always dreamed of surfing in Indonesia. So now the fact that I might be able to run a business and surf great waves seems like a dream come true. In all reality however I am going with an open mind and whatever happens there is meant to happen so I am trying not to get my mind set on any one particular lifestyle or outcome.

Bert Vierstra

Nov 5, 2002
Homeless
Yes its about the same, you need the famous sponsor letter.

There is a button on top this forum, "VISA Indonesia" they can help to get the right visa for you, they have experience with Visa stuff in Japan, they even have a Japanese woman working there....

rcsmith

Nov 9, 2004
Tokyo, Japan
One last question on the Sosial Budaya visa.... when going to get the extension I dont have to leave the country do I? Also what is the fee on the extension and is the fee depending on whos working the counter that day (ie palm greasing....)?

Ryan

Roy

Nov 5, 2002
Ubud, Bali
I prefer to have it done.

Amen :!: Also a topic that has been "beaten to death" already on this forum, so "let your fingers do the walking" no, not in the yellow pages, the archives!