geordie1

Nov 30, 2014
My partner (who is from Singapore) has been offered a teaching job in Bali. Is it possible for me (I'm from the UK) to come with her and continue my small guitar making business in Bali? We don't have loads of money to invest, but I could possibly employ locals in the future.

I've been searching the web and getting conflicting answers. I've posted here in hope of a little clarity!

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
Hey Geordie I'll start it out on a positive note - check these guys out their workshop is near Gianyar: Blueberry Guitars :: About Us

So there is craftsmanship and guitar expertise on Bali.

Your problem will be getting the visas/permission to do the business, for that info I recommend you look back in the stacks here for startup info - get yourself a case of beer/pack of smokes/ounce of weed (whatever your poison is) and read all about it.

Gusti

Dec 16, 2011
geordie1:
It's possible to have career in bali, just make sure that you have the right visa, working permit and all the document you need to work here (which i know nothing about it)
make the teaching career as your primary job and guitar maker as secondary until you understand Bali business atmosphere, than you can proceed with your business you have in mind

Markit:
Yeah, I have heard of this blueberry guitars profile, they are professional guitar hand-maker with a fantastic price, it's might be a good idea to join them as a start point, good luck anyway

Gusti

Dec 16, 2011
geordie1:
It's possible to have career in bali, just make sure that you have the right visa, working permit and all the document you need to work here (which i know nothing about it)
make the teaching career as your primary job and guitar maker as secondary until you understand Bali business atmosphere, than you can proceed with your business you have in mind

Markit:
Yeah, I have heard of this blueberry guitars profile, they are professional guitar hand-maker with a fantastic price, it's might be a good idea to join them as a start point, good luck anyway