tcollins

Sep 1, 2014
I am with Telkomsel, but always find it very confusing when buying extra data on the phone when dealing the standard *363# routine.

Apart from it all bing in Bahasa, the deals seem to be very different every time and include really strange extras. Other hard thing to know is how long the data lasts for before expiring when not used. Sometimes it is 30 days other times it can be a few months.

Is there any way to simply set a certain monthly data amount to purchase (say 3 or 4 GB), then have this billed each month- like standard monthly plans in most other countries?

Thanks

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
Not that I know of.

Can recommend the buy of a MIFI which you can load with dosh for a certain Gigabyte internet amount and that's only good for internet and then just stock up your phone for however many IDR you want to telephone.

I found that the phone was empty long before the data sometimes or vice-versa.

Best to separate the 2.

balibule

Feb 6, 2009
You can convert your Simpati to a Kartu Halo. Kartu Halo is postpaid and you have monthly data packages. I think you can only get Kartu Halo if you are on a Kitas.

DenpasarHouse

Aug 13, 2013
It is confusing, but I don't think there's anyway around the *363# method of buying it. Try to ignore anything that says PROMO.

I'm on the 600MB per month plan and it automatically renews itself from my pulsa, but I can't remember if I deliberately signed up for it to automatically renew or if just does that itself. This is just so I've got internet on my phone when I'm out and about, at home I use a Smartfren Mi-FI on the 30GB for Rp. 300.000 plan.

Here's the price list if you're using Telkomsel Simpati, there's plenty of monthly options but they're not cheap:
Telkomsel-Simpati-Internet-Pricing.jpg

Attachments

• Telkomsel-Simpati-Internet-Pricing.jpg
    Telkomsel-Simpati-Internet-Pricing.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

tcollins

Sep 1, 2014
Just a quick folowup to this one.

Then now have a decent iPhone app in English that will show you balance, data usage and let you purchase data packs as you need. Well worth downloading.