Bali Villa Sales

Villas of Bali ™ is the trusted real estate company that offers the most beautiful villas for sale on Bali. Visit our experienced and helpful staff in our office in Seminyak, or search the extensive villa listing online at www.balivillasales.com, providing the most exclusive properties for sale. Villas of Bali ™ stands for quality, integrity and trust. We help you save time and money, while providing you peace of mind of your property related needs. Send us an email to info@villasofbali.com, or call us at +62 878 6249 3526.

1. Welcome Guest to the new look Balipod. If you are an existing member, just sign up with your usual username/password. Any problems you can post them here
    Dismiss Notice

Migrating KITAP and MERV to my New Passport

Discussion in 'Bali Expat Forum' started by Monger SEA, Nov 7, 2017.

1. Monger SEA

Monger SEA New Member

I am living here on a KITAP. So there is a KITAP stamp on my passport + a MERV (Multiple Re-entry) stamp that needs to be renewed every two years (while KITAP needs be renewed every 5 years).

Here's the thing: I just got my new passport and migrated the KITAP stamp onto it - But if I migrate the MERV as well, I will have to pay for it! It's not worth it, especially that it expires in a few months.

However, someone told me that I could just keep the MERV on my old passport and show it together with the new passport when exiting the country and coming back, at the immigration counter. Then I would just migrate it to the new passport once it expires.

Of course if I go ask immigration whether this works or not, they will tell me to change it, just so that they get the money.

Does anyone know the real answer? Thanks!

2. davita

davita Well-Known Member

I can say that I've done exactly that...shown an old passport with a non-cancelled Itap/Merp and a new passport and said I'll have the Itap/Merp transferred...no problem.
    The Kitap is the yellow card...... the Itap and Merp is what is stamped in the passport.

Monger SEA likes this.