Mengwi - Gilimanuk toll road plans

sakumabali

Apr 2, 2010
actually I'm googling my fingers off since a year....there's no actual real plan from Soka to Mengwi?

sakumabali

Apr 2, 2010
most obviously the PRIVATE investors do that to make more profit. Russian people recently bought a lot of land in Munggu

JackStraw

Mar 14, 2017
My biggest question is what happens when the toll road ends in Mengwi? All the traffic would just dump into that congested area and then go where?

Makes more sense to blast through the cesspool of canggu and connect with with Sunset road or something like that

Reactions: tel522 and mugwump

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
In what way does this toll road to Lovina make any sense at all minus the 2nd airport which iMHO was never gonna get built anyway and has even less chance now.

Sorry guys but there is nothing of much interest for a tourist in the north of Bali - famous villages (zip), famous scenery (zip), interesting activities like surfing or diving (zip). What is the point?

Lets build a gazillion Rupiah road for the dolphins or to see the Bali Crow, which isn't there anymore?

mugwump

Mar 15, 2011
seattle pekutatan
In what way does this toll road to Lovina make any sense at all minus the 2nd airport which iMHO was never gonna get built anyway and has even less chance now.

Sorry guys but there is nothing of much interest for a tourist in the north of Bali - famous villages (zip), famous scenery (zip), interesting activities like surfing or diving (zip). What is the point?

Lets build a gazillion Rupiah road for the dolphins or to see the Bali Crow, which isn't there anymore?
You may want to check your map. Gilimanuk is not in Lovina. It is the location of the ferry to and from Java where much of the commercial traffic exists presently on an outdated and dangerous 2 lane highway.

Reactions: Fred2

sakumabali

Apr 2, 2010
You may want to check your map. Gilimanuk is not in Lovina. It is the location of the ferry to and from Java where much of the commercial traffic exists presently on an outdated and dangerous 2 lane highway.
I think he mentioned the other "Jalan tol" - they're talking about 3

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
Really can't understand (with the map clearly showing locations) this subject became distorted to have anything to do with a second airport?
Correct me if I'm wrong but the original rational for the toll road WAS the 2nd airport in the north and I believe much of that road has already been built?! Not sure because I would never go that route to North Bali from here in the East but have heard that's the case from friends down south.

Now it was then suggested that they extend that to Gilimanuk for our trucker friends and then some bright spark came along with the grand idea to have a ferry from Gilimanuk or Banyuwangi all the way over to Lombok for the truckers (completely missing Bali), which actually started to run with a call in to the port of Padang Bai on the way there or back. That seems to have died now as far as I can see, after a good start. Probably made way too much sense!