Medical Question

Filson

May 18, 2021
Is there a medical clinic in Bali, where one can get daily maintenance guest-doses of Methadone ?

Thank you for any information you can provide.

spicyayam

Jan 12, 2009
You could try contacting one of the hospitals in Bali, but I am pretty sure it is not available here.

PERtoDPS

Dec 31, 2018
There is methadone in Bali, or methadon is it's known here. But is it practical? No not at all. Sangli comes up in my searches, though they do date back a few years as having a methdon klinic. Now you will need a reference from your western dr to go on it, then you will need to pay out of pocket piss tests, register at hospital, daily doses. The piss test needs to come up not full of benzos and illict shit, or if it does you need to be able to explain it.

Now, that is the easy bit. The hospitals here are busy as, you need to come at 7am take a ticket, expose yourself to covid and watch a lot of sick and dyeing indonesians, maybe around 2-3pm they will call your number to dose.

Having done the dance for smashing my back and addictive pain medicine, and wheening my way out of the system, bali is not the right place for this. You will have no issue to get scripts for valium xanax (and those tablets fuck you up anyway, I don't see any long term benefits to taking them, I am really proud Ieft them behind) etc here, but hardcore opiates almost don't exist, stock issues etc. Many of the western everyday pharma doesn't exist here or is impossible to get, so I'd suggest if possible to taper/lower your dose and re assess.

It's most likely not what you wanted to hear, but save yourself a very uncomfortable time. Very much old religious values and the pharma pumping world in western, doesn't really exist like that in Bali.

Last edited:

PERtoDPS

Dec 31, 2018
We got a shitload of shrooms though o_O
No idea the legal status of shrooms in Bali. I just stick to beer and my prescribed meds here, illict drug laws are primitive in my mind, but even if drugs are even talked about in a bar here I leave. That is some heavy shit to get caught up and and not for me. A joint in the west is casually passed around, no one cares, in comparison with 20 years in the joint here. You can get less sentencing for murder.

Last edited:

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
Shrooms were legal here up until relatively recently then they were made illegal to sell. Don't think anyone can make hanging around a pile of cow shit illegal but I suspect it probably wouldn't be heavily enforced

Foamcrest

Jun 11, 2016
The HUGE sign they use to have at the arrivals lounge still reverberates in my mind “DRUGS EQUAL DEATH”
No chance of me doing anything illegal. I even make sure all my meds are scripted and have the Dr and chemist dispenser on them.
Luckily it made no reference to wine and cheese!

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
You can tell that you're getting older when wine and cheese take the place of blo and speed and a nice afternoon nap becomes more aspirational than a quicky knee-trembler...

• Haha
Reactions: Fred2

Foamcrest

Jun 11, 2016
I’m 75,.....a quickly what?
I can’t even manage a slowly whatever .
You must be talking 1975 language.

• Sad
Reactions: Markit

harryopal

May 5, 2016
I may have told this story before but in case I didn't or you missed it...
Two elderly gentlemen, Fred and Gerry meet up and not having seen each other for some years sit on a bench to chat. After some minutes Fred glances about to see no one is overhearing and lowers his voice to a whisper.
"Tell me, Gerry. Are you still having sex?"
"Almost every day."
Fred is impressed. "Go on," he says.
"Yes, almost on Monday, almost on Tuesday, almost on Wednesday, almost......"

Last edited:

PERtoDPS

Dec 31, 2018
What has happened to OP? anyway if you're still reading this (and I suspect you are not), get your Dr to write you months supply with a letter, come and check out if it's feasible, my feeling it's unlikely, but who knows where you're from? Maybe you are already used to that system?