spicyayam

Jan 12, 2009
I finished watching this documentary. I thought it was pretty interesting.

You can see the first episode on Youtube:

[video=youtube;34M2zdLc-2U]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34M2zdLc-2U[/video]

geedee

Feb 1, 2014
Sydney
I finished watching this documentary. I thought it was pretty interesting.

You can see the first episode on Youtube:

[video=youtube;34M2zdLc-2U]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34M2zdLc-2U[/video]

Yes i also watched the whole series on Netflix thought it was great , makes you mad watching some things.
You can download or stream all episodes its on a lot of sites

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
Yes i also watched the whole series on Netflix thought it was great , makes you mad watching some things.
You can download or stream all episodes its on a lot of sites

Presuming you have a decent internet connection! You bastards!:apple:

spicyayam

Jan 12, 2009
A Telkom guy came around today offering an upgrade to 20MB for 700K a month.

davita

Mar 13, 2012
Tell him I'd give him 700k and a blow job every month for that!

If the Telkom guy has read any of your posts about your smelly 'head'.......I think he'd offer you a discount on the 700K instead...:icon_e_biggrin:

P

paulseawind

Tell him I'd give him 700k and a blow job every month for that!

Homo

You'd probably want fortnightly payments to increase the BJs you'd be giving.

Last edited by a moderator:
P

paulseawind

If the Telkom guy has read any of your posts about your smelly 'head'.......I think he'd offer you a discount on the 700K instead...:icon_e_biggrin:

No, he'd run for it to get away from the grog odours all around.

The guy sweats like that because he's a grog dog. A piss-wreck.

geedee

Feb 1, 2014
Sydney
Anyhow whoever has a good connection this show is definitely worth watching as is "The Jinx" not dissimilar as its really about the American justice System.
Got to go to airport Bali here I come.

JohnnyCool

Jan 10, 2009
Sanur
But that is thru the copper lines, isn't it?
Not wifi?
No. It's FTTH (fibre to the home).
The fibre-optic cable runs directly to where you live. Also includes digital TV, free movie/international channels, (upgradeable for more), video-on-demand, and free digital telephone line (27 hours/month of free calls to anywhere in Indonesia).
The phone itself is not free, but any normal one works when plugged-in.

Downloads are unlimited (no caps or throttling).

The modem is free plus a fibre-connected set-top box (then runs directly to TV). Wi-fi works fine for me (to laptop, desktop in another room, smart-phones and tablet). The total cost for my installation was Rp 75,000.
I've been on it for a few months now with no complaints.

Last edited:
P

paulseawind

No. It's FTTH (fibre to the home).
The fibre-optic cable runs directly to where you live. Also includes digital TV, free movie/international channels, (upgradeable for more), video-on-demand, and free digital telephone line (27 hours/month of free calls to anywhere in Indonesia).
The phone itself is not free, but any normal one works when plugged-in.

Downloads are unlimited (no caps or throttling).

The modem is free plus a fibre-connected set-top box (then runs directly to TV). Wi-fi works fine for me (to laptop, desktop in another room, smart-phones and tablet). The total cost for my installation was Rp 75,000.
I've been on it for a few months now with no complaints.

Thanks for the info.
Sadly, I am not near a main road and cannot easily get FTTH, or even a landline, which is why I use WiFi.
I have my own hotspot that runs around 3-4MB/sec and caters for my needs. But it is very expensive. Rp1.7jt per month. I look fwd to the day I can say 'Switch it off now'.

Rp75K is a bargain for what you listed as the new features.

JohnnyCool

Jan 10, 2009
Sanur
Where I am, 20-50-100 Mbs are not available yet. Maybe next week?

There's a Telkom depot down the road from me which offers "up to" 100 Mbs for Rp 5,000/day. Only tried it once and got 15 Mbs. Still, not too shabby for the price.

I'm getting 10 Mbs with all the "features" mentioned.
Paying Rp 450,000/month and happy about it (roughly 1/3 of what I was paying for my 3 Mbs unlimited ADSL before).

The beauty of a fibre connection is that they're no need for a landline. I feel sorry for those stuck with wi-fi alternatives.

4978478049.jpg

http://www.speedtest.net/result/4978478049.png

P

paulseawind

10.5 down and 1.5 up is a lot better than I am getting.

Although I can still use Skype to phone overseas and the call quality is really good. A lot better than cell phone to cell phone on Bali.

So, I am satisfied but it's costly and could be a whole lot better. But what can I do. 1.5km from the main road and I'm not even sure if fibre cable is laid there yet. I don't remember seeing them laying it. I saw them taking it over the mountains thru Munduk, etc, last year but not near my village.

There are only 6 Villas here in this village so I don't see them rushing any services in. The other owners use modems for thru-the-air stuff. My neighbour has a setup like mine but his is slower and he puts up with it when he is here.

I am stuck with what I have got.

spicyayam

Jan 12, 2009
We signed up to this wifi.id service before I had even heard of Indihome. The salesperson said the magic word "fiber" so we signed up. I think it is a service for businesses hotels, restaurants etc. I wouldn't recommend it mainly because you have to log in through advertising banner filled page everytime you use it, which also times out after about 10 minutes. You also can't log into the modem as they don't give you any passwords. The speed is good however.

So we kept Speedy which are now going to upgrade to Indihome. We are going for the 20MB connection for around 700K a month. 50MB also available for 1,500K a month, which I wouldn't mind getting, if we can cancel the wifi.id service.

The sales guy said it would be installed on Monday, which is pretty fast. 3 guys show up this morning and said they were going to install it, but soon disappeared. They seemed confused with our different modems we have.

spicyayam

Jan 12, 2009
Netflix just started in Thailand and "Berita Netflix" is the 6th most popular search phrase on Yahoo.

JohnnyCool

Jan 10, 2009
Sanur
We signed up to this wifi.id service before I had even heard of Indihome. The salesperson said the magic word "fiber" so we signed up. I think it is a service for businesses hotels, restaurants etc. I wouldn't recommend it mainly because you have to log in through advertising banner filled page everytime you use it, which also times out after about 10 minutes. You also can't log into the modem as they don't give you any passwords. The speed is good however.

So we kept Speedy which are now going to upgrade to Indihome. We are going for the 20MB connection for around 700K a month. 50MB also available for 1,500K a month, which I wouldn't mind getting, if we can cancel the wifi.id service.

The sales guy said it would be installed on Monday, which is pretty fast. 3 guys show up this morning and said they were going to install it, but soon disappeared. They seemed confused with our different modems we have.

I haven't explored how one signs up for wifi.id. To use it down the end of my street, you simply buy a scratch card (Rp 5,000/24 hours) and the password is there to connect with.
Don't understand why your different modems come into it (for IndiHome?). Network stuff can be confusing for anybody, (even "experts" make mistakes).

IndiHome comes with its own modem and there's no need for others. I often run many devices at the same time without any problems. Make sure that the "sales guy" doesn't ask you to pay anything up-front (officially not allowed).
One did that to me. I wasn't there at the time and my wife paid him Rp 100,000. I complained about it at the main office in Denpasar. They checked and said it wasn't on. He was in trouble.
Telkom ordered him to pay me back. Never did. And he's still "working". Make of that what you will.

I think you'll enjoy it when you get it. Beats Speedy hands down.

spicyayam

Jan 12, 2009
In effect we are a wifi.id hotspot. They gave us a login id. It is a 2 year contract so I don't know if we will be able to get out of it. If you need internet for business I wouldn't recommend it - your guests will hate it.

Just before Christmas there was a big lightening storm and our Speedy modem broke. The Speedy team came out and gave us a new one with the Indihome brand on it. So when the technicians came today I think they got confused since we already had an Indihome modem and wifi.id Hopefully they will be back on Monday.

The sales people we have dealt with have never asked for money and they have been fairly helpful. If you want to get it connected, I would suggest trying to track down the sales person in your area as they seem way more helpful than the staff in the Telkom office.

Just signed up for the free trial of Netflix and it looks pretty cool so far.