Peter Ka

Mar 31, 2010
I am looking for an Australia trained electrician for PV Solar project. Must have deep understanding of building codes for DC. I can't have my Indonesian electricians touch 600V DC system with huge AH battery banks.

PM me.

Regards,

Peter

ibis69

May 19, 2011
Hi,
I'm not a sparky BUT Qualified Electronics/Communications Technician on the Mines in W.A and S.A and work with large & small solar/wind systems all the time and enjoy it,If you have any questions at all ask me on here or PM me and I will be more than glad to give you any advice you need,

Regards

ghuddo

Mar 30, 2013
Hi my name is Grant Hudson and was just wondering if your still looking for the solar electrician ?

Im a highly qualified Australian electrician with extensive solar experience. I've got over 18 years experience in electrical. I am a solar supervisor here in Aus with our contract about to finish. Would consider a move over to Bali.

Let me know if you need assistance.

Thank you

hinakos

Sep 3, 2008
Bali + Vietnam
Hi Peter,

Do you have a full set of schematics and all the installation equipment (including interconnect cables, lugs, etc)

Did you buy this setup as a kit, or are you sourcing all the bits and pieces yourself and need someone to put it all together for you and supply various parts?

Im qualified to do this kind of work but honestly dont have much interest in picking up tools when in Bali.

But if i know the basic detials, i can ask around.

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
Hi Peter,

Do you have a full set of schematics and all the installation equipment (including interconnect cables, lugs, etc)

Did you buy this setup as a kit, or are you sourcing all the bits and pieces yourself and need someone to put it all together for you and supply various parts?

Im qualified to do this kind of work but honestly dont have much interest in picking up tools when in Bali.

But if i know the basic detials, i can ask around.

This has got to be the best, grade A, number 1, Ueber EXAMPLE - of trying to get IN and then OUT of something but then pressing that fucking "Enter" key before reeeeeeaaaallly thinking about it.

"Do I really want to do this????"

CLASSIC!!!

Last edited:

Peter Ka

Mar 31, 2010
Hinakos, Markit makes a point.

Anyway. Some of the gear is sourced in Indonesia and some imported. I can't give you the full schematics etc until I have an understanding of your qualifications and commitment. You would be dealing with 600 to 900V DC ~ 8A cables and several thousand AH 48V battery bank. I do not want you to be cremated prematurely.

hinakos

Sep 3, 2008
Bali + Vietnam
Hi Peter,

Like i said...im not really interested in working on my time off. My commitment amounts to asking around - as i posted. read my post, not Markits interpretation of my post.
I work offshore month on month off and among other things look after (not small) battery banks / inverters for redundant power systems.
Oz qualified sparky with HV quals and DC training/certs and further electronics tech training and certs.
But thats not the point - point is i know a few people who also live in Bali and do what i do.
I can ask around if you like.
I dont need to see your schematics - just need to know you have them (and all the gear) - if i ask around that is bound to be asked back.

Markit makes no point - take his interpretation of posts with a grain of salt - they often lead you away from the original subject matter.

PS - 8A cables doesnt sound right to me. 8A cable has a cross sectional area of less than 1mm2. youll see bigger wires coming off the battery on your honda vario.

Peter Ka

Mar 31, 2010
Sorry DC not 8C. Panels to inverters are 6mm single core copper 1000V rated. I forgot what bat to bat are, but they are thick. Very interested to hear from any of your friends who you can think of. PM with email addresses would be best, or I can send you by PM my email address.

hinakos

Sep 3, 2008
Bali + Vietnam
No worries Peter, the guy i'm thinking of is away at work at the moment - i'll give him a tingle and see what he thinks and keep my ear to the ground.....

ghuddo

Mar 30, 2013
Hi again Peter... Grant here.

I am experienced/qualified to do the job. We were planning a trip over anyway around this time. Message me for more details. I would be happy to help.

Cheers

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
Hi Peter,
Markit makes no point - take his interpretation of posts with a grain of salt - they often lead you away from the original subject matter.

Dude, where I come from if you want a job you tell what you can do and then offer proof that you can actually do it.

If you look at this thread there's mealy-mouthed Bullshit all over the place starting with yours.

Maybe I can, maybe I will, maybe I might, I'm coming anyway so what the feck, etc. etc.

You still think my interpretation is wrong?

hinakos

Sep 3, 2008
Bali + Vietnam
Hi Peter - update on my search for Bali based DC sparkies dead ended.

option 1 has been stopping off in Pattaya on his way home to Bali from work offshore Thailand and has found true love....is packing up and heading there for good.

option 2 is still offshore in the gulf of mexico and is stuck in Houston doing training on his usual off roster and wont be back in Bali for months.

theres a few more offshore DC sparkies in Bali but they're hard to track down and hard to separate them from beer bottles on their rostered time off.

Hinakos

Peter Ka

Mar 31, 2010
Thanks anyway! In the end it is about money. I am prepared to pay full AU rates in cash. If traveling to Bali for this: flight, stay and daily grub.