Villas of Bali ™ is the trusted real estate company that offers the most beautiful villas for sale on Bali. Visit our experienced and helpful staff in our office in Seminyak, or search the extensive villa listing online at www.balivillasales.com, providing the most exclusive properties for sale. Villas of Bali ™ stands for quality, integrity and trust. We help you save time and money, while providing you peace of mind of your property related needs. Send us an email to info@villasofbali.com, or call us at +62 878 6249 3526.

1. Welcome Guest to the new look Balipod. If you are an existing member, just sign up with your usual username/password. Any problems you can post them here
    Dismiss Notice

Looking for an indoor badminton-court

Discussion in 'Bali Expat Forum' started by Tommy, Jun 3, 2005.

1. Tommy

Tommy Member

yello all,
    i was wondering if anyone know where to play badminton around the denpasar-area, preferebly somewhere between the canggu-denpasar-sanur stretch. maby there's a club, hotel or community that you know of who's into the joy of a good and sweaty game? /Tommy

2. dawnofjedi

dawnofjedi Member

Hello...

Well I dont really know a place in that area, but I sure am looking for a game sometimes around the Ubud area...let me know if you hear anything...

I wont be there for another month or so though...

Shakar

OM SHANTI

3. Tommy

Tommy Member

i guess ubud would be fine too but it's quite far from where i live.. at least for a game of badminton. i'd like to play at least twice every week. maby what i\we can do is to look for a hotel with a rentable court and get together with a few more players so we can play both single and double games maby twice a week.

btw, those pictures are on the way! i'm writing this through my pocket pc so i can't send them right now... \Tommy

4. sander

sander Member

Hi Tommy,

I dont know any places but I want to play badminton 1 or 2 times per week as well.

I will look if I can find some places, I think there are many. Will let you know, maybe we can play sometime.

5. Tommy

Tommy Member

Hey Sander,
    Thanks for joining the team! :) still looking... i'll let you guys know when i find a good place to play. - Tommy

6. kksss

kksss New Member

I won't be in Bali for another month but once i'm there I will be up for a game in the Sanur area from time to time, too...

7. Tommy

Tommy Member

That sound great. I'll do my best to track down and arrange a place within a month so we all can meet up for a good sweaty game of badminton! no chance of seeing made marko, bert, tracey or roy in the court?:D

8. Tommy

Tommy Member

Back from the in-depth survey... ;)

I used to play badminton at a banjar south of kuta, but it is usually to crowded. I tried the badminton-hall close the Universitas terbuka next to the large football-field in Sesetan, but it was also abit crowded and dirty. They both work but i'd rather put a few rupiees in there and get a nice clean badminton-court. There are at least 4-5 hotels in Sanur with badminton-courts and more can be found in hotels in legian and seminyak. Which location would you guys prefer.. sanur or legian/seminyak?

9. sander

sander Member

Tommy, for me sanur would be the best place. But I am ok with everything

10. Tommy

Tommy Member

agree. sanur would be alright with me too. i'll ask around for prices and availability (since we won't be staying at their hotel). shakar, sanur is closer to you if you stay in ubud compared to legian or seminyak so i take that as a yes! :D

kksss, sander and shakar... looks like we'll start off with a doublegame?. ;) when will you all be in bali?

11. dawnofjedi

dawnofjedi Member

Tommy,

Good to hear that you are really making moves on this. Wow, I am definitely interested. Honestly, since I've been living in Bali I havent often left the Ubud area to go south very often, but I think some Badminton exceptions are definitely worthy. Sanur would definitely be the choice spot. So I will be back in Bali mid-to late July, and for many months thereafter. When I get there we can figure some stuff out. Until then, I hope you find yourself some good games...test it out and see how it goes!

Sampai bulan Juli...

Shakar

OM SHANTI

12. sander

sander Member

Tommy,

I live in bali since 1 October 2004 near Sanur :)

Just let me know the price and what day you have in mind. I'll be there. Evening would be best because I am working in the day.

Kind Regards,

Snader

13. Tommy

Tommy Member

Ok Shakar, We'll see you in July then! Sander, i'll get back to you when i've surveyed the hotels i found to have this facility. Fortunately (unfortunatley really..) i'm not on any job right now so i'm flexible.

oops.. goin' off-topic. .
    I have been applying for a job as a travelagent/guide for scandinavian guests through a scandinavian agency which cooperates with a larger international swiss-owned agency, but the travel-season isn't due to "begin" until september. also, i havn't recived any recent information to confirm if they need extra personal for this coming season.. which is my loss. :/

14. sander

sander Member

Ok tommy, looking forward to hear from you then.

Hmm, about the job. I'm sorry to hear that. I am not in the travel or tourism business so I cannot help you out there.

15. PerfectBlue

PerfectBlue New Member

Hey, all, I'm an expat in Tuban (south of Kuta), I've been looking around for a place to play badminton too. I've been asking around at my office, but the guys here don't know of a place either.

I'm pretty rusty, but my wife and might be interested in joining the ad hoc club thats coming together on here :p We'd have to practise a bit first so as not to embarass ourselves :p

16. Tommy

Tommy Member

i'm sorry guys but i got too busy the last 2 months to follow up on the initial idea. right now i'm abroad visiting friends and family so i can't help out. i looked at a few hotels in sanur like grand hyatt, sanur beach and others. they all seem to have badminton-courts. all we need to do is either call them or show up in person and ask how much they would charge and if it can be used/booked for customers not staying at their hotel. it nice to see that there's and interest for this. good health is the key to everything! :wink:

17. PerfectBlue

PerfectBlue New Member

Hey guys, dunno if the interest in this topic has continued or waned, but Im up for playing (very rusty) badminton this weekend if anyone is up for a session. Im in Tuban/Kuta but i expect I could make it to Sanur.

18. Tommy

Tommy Member

i'd go for a game but i'm not back in bali yet. should be alot of players here though (i think) since the response was quite big before. :p