Looking for affordable lokal/expat mixed schools away from the city and south.

samyuill

Nov 15, 2011
Bali
This is not a tread for the BEST or the TOP schools on Bali for expats, there is more of those in the forum.
-----------------------------
Hiya

My wife is Balinese and myself English here for over 11 years and consider Indonesia as my home nah..
We have 3 mixed children aged 5.5 - 4.5 - 1.5
Yes my wife is a champion :)

We have been paying for nursery/preschool (aged 1-6) around :
2.000.000 month / 24.000.000 year / US$1750 year + our transport + little bits for each child per year

This has been within our budget but it is in our opinion that them going to a school around the traffic/cars and pollution is just to much on there health and no space in general, just because we cant see it, does not mean its not right there everyday next to and all around the schools and we had no choices, but now we have the chance to move more north so i was hoping some of you nice people may have some ideas of schools in the north on a milder budget with a setup or system like the schools below but also with first school and up.

Our children have been in schools like below, which we find to be the most effective for both our nationalities
Sunrise
Bali Kiddy
Hooray kids
Lolipop

Thank you in advance for your helpful information, ideas and comments.

Reactions: McAdoo

matsaleh

Super Moderator
May 26, 2004
Legian, Bali
I have seen a school advertised called Window to the World, located in Kalibukbuk (Lovina). According to their FB page, they are a non-profit organisation and are supported by the Rotary Club of Lovina. You can find their website on Google and maybe contact them for more information and fees. Maybe spicyayam knows more about them.

spicyayam

Jan 12, 2009
I have seen a school advertised called Window to the World, located in Kalibukbuk (Lovina). According to their FB page, they are a non-profit organisation and are supported by the Rotary Club of Lovina.

I know a few people who have sent their kids to that school and have only had positive things to say. When I first moved here there were some people in Rotary club who I preferred not to meet so I didn't get involved in that.

There is a Motessori school in Singaraja https://www.montessori.one/

And bilingual kindergarten: Aura Sukma Insani Bilingual Kindergarten

There are some good after hours schools, like Kumon, reading, English and math classes. There is a good swimming club if your kids are into that also.