Bellavia

Nov 22, 2016
Hi all,

Thinking of staying in Bali for a year with my family. Have been looking online fora while now. Ready to move by end of September 2017. Need a 3 or 4 bedroom house anywhere between Seminyak and Canggu area. Must have closed living room, bathroom and big swimming pool. Close to shops, beach and restaurants will be a bonus.
Tried a few agents but price tags are too high. Any ideas? Is anyone about to leave? Or are your neighbours moving?

ronb

Aug 14, 2007
Ubud, Bali
One factor affecting price is position, like how close to beach. It is hard to judge this from web searches. Better you arrive and take tourist accommodation for a week or two and walk around. Good luck.

Mark

Apr 19, 2004
Follow ronb's advice. Get a short term accommodation for a period and look around once you are here. Internet listings tend to be overpriced and do not offer a complete picture of what's available in the market. Lots of places never get listed online. Price negotiation is also much easier done in person.

Last edited:

davita

Mar 13, 2012
Most rentals available privately for the expat community can be found on notice boards where expats gather i.e. Grocery stores like Bali Budha, Bintang, Hardy's and restaurants like Café Mocha, Bali Bakery and pubs. Some ads are also printed here....https://baliadvertiser.biz/current-ads/real-estate-ads/
Anyone else can add to the list?

Last edited:

Bellavia

Nov 22, 2016
Hi ronb and Mark, thank you for your advise. Already in Bali. We are renting something short term and met with couple of agents, but you are right, close to the beach is dearer and hard to tell until you actually go to the address. Agents are not really willing to negotiate so far. Not sure how to get in contact directly with owners.
Davita, I will definitely visit all those places you mentioned. Hope to find something there.
Thank you and wish me good luck.