tcollins

Sep 1, 2014
We are looking for a 12 month rental starting January 2016 next year.

Our kids will be attending school, and we are looking for something similar to this property with 3-5 bedrooms depending on cost.

Our main priorities for a property are as follows:
- 3-5 bedrooms
- 2+ bathrooms (inclosed- not outdoor ones)
- Pool
- Furnished
- Indoor living area (basically something that we can close off in Air Con)
- Air Con in all bedrooms
- Internet Access
- Decent kitchen to cook in
Have seen some that are part of a complex, but would prefer private house/Villa than complex.

Thanks

tcollins

Sep 1, 2014
Ah :icon_redface: that would be like me to leave out the most important point

Kids will be going to the Australian International School in Kerobokan.

We are looking in the following areas:
Kerobokan
Seminyak
Legian
Umalas (not sure if this is too far away)

Thanks

davita

Mar 13, 2012
Hi tcollins and welcome to the forum.

Your requirements indicate you need an expat-style villa/house.

One way is to google for agents that specialize in rentals...don't be put off by the asking prices as there is a glut of supply and negotiating is the 'Law".
If you are in Bali many expat-type restaurants, pubs, grocery stores, expat newsrags etc carry adverts. Craigslist Indonesia could be a source but I just looked and didn't find anything you may desire.

Btw The school is in Jl Kerobokan, not to be confused with the general expat villa area called Kerobokan, which is further from the school than JL. Umulas 1 or 2.
I haven't confirmed but have been told, mainly by non-Australians, that the school was built close to Kerobokan Prison for familiarity purpose...:icon_e_biggrin:

I'd expect Seminyak/Legian/Pettitenget to be more expensive than Umulas/Kerobokan/Canggu...due to location. Also, that whole area around the school can be a headache and bladder ache during busy school times due to traffic 'machet'.

Good luck.

tcollins

Sep 1, 2014
Thanks for the info, and good to know on the negotiable factor. We have been trying to make heads or tales of the asking prices as they vary so much for the same thing.

We are in Sydney now, but plan to head over for a short visit in a few months to look at some accommodation.

I am sure I will have lots of questions between now and then.

Cheers

davita

Mar 13, 2012
How did this Rofai manage to jump from a '12 year rental in January 2016' post from a classified post about a 'villa for leasehold in Sanur'.

Admin...isn't there some forum rule about this type of abuse?