Likelihood of Russian invasion of Ukraine

spicyayam

Jan 12, 2009
What do you think the chances are of a Russian invasion of Ukraine? I just think after two years of the whole world trying to solve the pandemic it is sad that we haven't worked out a way to try and progress humanity, rather than speeding up its destruction. I worry that if Russia does invade the Ukraine it will only serve as a blueprint for China to try and take back Taiwan.

Reactions: tel522

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
Always follow the money! Which country is, with crumbling infrastructure, terrible health system, huge crime rate, race riots simmering all the time, etc. is now trying to justify an $850 BILLION dollar "defense" budget?

Why do people fall for this same stupid ass lying shit time and time again? THAT'S THE REAL QUESTION.

Balifrog

Dec 30, 2017
Likelyhood 90%, now that the Olympics in China have closed. Uncle Xi would have been very upset had Vlad stole him the front page of the papers by invading during the Olympics.
My take :
NATO (at the orders of the US) is responsible. After the fall of the Berlin wall and the "explosion" of the USSR there was a tacite agreement that NATO would not extend to the East.
Of course the US, always looking for a war (but for justification always dragging other countries in their mad adventures) didn't respect the promise.
Uncle Vlad has warned and raised the subject since over 10 years, to no avail.
But trying to drag Ukraine is NATO is the red line not to cross !
In fact NATO should have been disolved after the end of the USSR. It wasn't because it is a too usefull tool for the US militaro / industrial lobby.
Arm sales to Nato members being one of the reasons.
NATO had NOTHING to do in Afghanistan !
Too bad Trump didn't proceed with his menace to withdraw from NATO.
Anyway, nobody in the West is willing to die for Ukraine.
And if the West, under US pressure, applies harsh sanctions to Russia it will just push them closer together with China..... not a good idea.
Europe need to distance itself from the US, and get closer to Russia. After all, Russia is on the same continent as us. Without speaking about their massive sacrifices in human lives in WW2 to defeat Nazi Germany !
Putin is a great leader, a real patriot who wants to return Russia to the world status it deserves. Same as Uncle Xi Ping.
If we had a few leaders like that in the West I would be happy. Much better than all the soft wokes we have, and who change every 4 or 5 years.

Edit : If he invades, he will probably stop at the Dnipra River, the Eastern part of Ukraine being rather pro Russia.

Last edited:
  • Haha

tel522

Oct 30, 2015
Likelyhood 90%, now that the Olympics in China have closed. Uncle Xi would have been very upset had Vlad stole him the front page of the papers by invading during the Olympics.
My take :
NATO (at the orders of the US) is responsible. After the fall of the Berlin wall and the "explosion" of the USSR there was a tacite agreement that NATO would not extend to the East.
Of course the US, always looking for a war (but for justification always dragging other countries in their mad adventures) didn't respect the promise.
Uncle Vlad has warned and raised the subject since over 10 years, to no avail.
But trying to drag Ukraine is NATO is the red line not to cross !
In fact NATO should have been disolved after the end of the USSR. It wasn't because it is a too usefull tool for the US militaro / industrial lobby.
Arm sales to Nato members being one of the reasons.
NATO had NOTHING to do in Afghanistan !
Too bad Trump didn't proceed with his menace to withdraw from NATO.
Anyway, nobody in the West is willing to die for Ukraine.
And if the West, under US pressure, applies harsh sanctions to Russia it will just push them closer together with China..... not a good idea.
Europe need to distance itself from the US, and get closer to Russia. After all, Russia is on the same continent as us. Without speaking about their massive sacrifices in human lives in WW2 to defeat Nazi Germany !
Putin is a great leader, a real patriot who wants to return Russia to the world status it deserves. Same as Uncle Xi Ping.
If we had a few leaders like that in the West I would be happy. Much better than all the soft wokes we have, and who change every 4 or 5 years.

Edit : If he invades, he will probably stop at the Dnipra River, the Eastern part of Ukraine being rather pro Russia.
Imho Putin is a typical dictator , covering himself with with a corrupt facade of democracy .
I worked on occasion in the miserable corrupt country , not a pleasant experience .
I feel sorry for the normal population whom dont benefit from from the corruption ,like the A...hole putin and his chums !

Balifrog

Dec 30, 2017
Imho Putin is a typical dictator , covering himself with with a corrupt facade of democracy .
I worked on occasion in the miserable corrupt country , not a pleasant experience .
I feel sorry for the normal population whom dont benefit from from the corruption ,like the A...hole putin and his chums !
To bring a country back.from the abyss in a short period of time, there is no other way than very strong ruling.
South Korea got where they are now by sacrificing one generation, having them work, work, work for low salaries with little freedom. It worked,,.look where they are now. You could say same for Japan or Taiwan.
FYI : I worked in Korea for 3 years in the 80's. Also did a few missions in Moscow around 2005, so I know the system a little bit.
Rule # 1 : Their country, their rules.

mugwump

Mar 15, 2011
seattle pekutatan
Although not attempting to enter into any intense discussions concerning the US and Russia will advance a thought concerning something recently mentioned as a severe sanction by the Whitehouse. A sanction concerning restrictions on availability of US currency could hurt the US certainly, but would be far more crippling upon Russia.
When have we ever noticed the ruble as a currency listed by the money changers in Bali? In contrast to the numbers of Russian citizenry here isn't it surprising to not see the currency listed, and if not why? What would the oligarchs do as they comfortably reside in the UK.
Having also spent time in Russia in years past realize that inside sure ain't like the outside!

Balifrog

Dec 30, 2017
A sanction concerning restrictions on availability of US currency could hurt the US certainly, but would be far more crippling upon Russia.

Short term yes, but long term it will simply lower the use of the USD, increase the use of the RMB.
For Russia, maybe the cryptorubble ?

China is already trading with Russia and Iran in RMB, probably also with the Belt and Road countries.
Your idea is typical of US hegemony, who want to decide for others what is best for them...
Block Russia out of the SWIFT system, and you will see Putin's response...

Don't forget Russia is a major exporter of gas and oil to Europe. Of course our Yankee friends dont care if oil and gas prices go crazy, and cripple Europe's economy. In fact they would like that, so that there also they could "control".

Sanctions and tariffs are the worst solutions. See how it worked out when the US tried that with China.

I am very disappointed by Biden (and most Europeans are IMO), he is barely better than Trump in the geopolitical field.
Just non stop adding oil on the fire, threatening and dramatizing.

Juggler

Jun 20, 2018
I reckon pretty good...in go the "PeaceKeepers".... Straight out of the Lets Start A War 101 handbook. Next will be China into Taiwan

Balifrog

Dec 30, 2017
I reckon pretty good...in go the "PeaceKeepers".... Straight out of the Lets Start A War 101 handbook. Next will be China into Taiwan
Taiwan is a different game. Crossing a land border or launching a beach assault is VERY different ......

tel522

Oct 30, 2015
Adolf putin the little ahole is now killing ukranians , dont ya just love these crazy dictators .

I hope some one slots him and his crazy chums .

Balifrog

Dec 30, 2017
Adolf putin the little ahole is now killing ukranians , dont ya just love these crazy dictators .

I hope some one slots him and his crazy chums .
Putin is right.
Nato is wrong
US is pouring oil on the fire since day 1.

Easy to do when one is 1000's of km away and out of reach.
There will be no WW3, just a enhanced version of what happened in Georgia.

The Ukraine comedian thought he had a chance ?

BTW, how many people worldwide the US has killed in the last 50 years ? A few millions ?

A summary of the US intervention since 1945 to bring "freedom, democracy and happiness" to the world

No need to go back over years, just look at the
1945 to 1991 section
1991 to now section

Happy reading. I guess you missed those at school ?

tel522

Oct 30, 2015
Your right of course , Its amazing that the majority of th.e democratic world agree with my thoughts , I seem to rememmber there was a lot of collaberators in "la belle france ", when the nazi jack boots strolled in . Hmmm !

Viva Adolf ,sorry the little sh1t putin

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
Putin is right.
Nato is wrong
US is pouring oil on the fire since day 1.

Easy to do when one is 1000's of km away and out of reach.
There will be no WW3, just a enhanced version of what happened in Georgia.

The Ukraine comedian thought he had a chance ?

BTW, how many people worldwide the US has killed in the last 50 years ? A few millions ?

A summary of the US intervention since 1945 to bring "freedom, democracy and happiness" to the world

No need to go back over years, just look at the
1945 to 1991 section
1991 to now section

Happy reading. I guess you missed those at school ?
Many thanks for that link, massively interesting and equally disheartening to see what the "Land of the Free and the Home of the Brave" has been doing in the name of "Democracy" for the last 200 years.

I suspect the death toll would be similar to the Nazi Holocaust if you totted up all the skeletons and the judgement of history should be the same IMHO.

The cleverest thing the Devil ever did was to convince people that he didn't even exist.

Reactions: Balifrog

Balifrog

Dec 30, 2017
Many thanks for that link, massively interesting and equally disheartening to see what the "Land of the Free and the Home of the Brave" has been doing in the name of "Democracy" for the last 200 years.

I suspect the death toll would be similar to the Nazi Holocaust if you totted up all the skeletons and the judgement of history should be the same IMHO.

The cleverest thing the Devil ever did was to convince people that he didn't even exist.

If you liked that one have a look at this. Absolutely fantastic summary, only with videos and interviews of those days, concerning the CIA's role in the US worldwide interference.
I double checked the part concerning France with French Wikipedia, and it matches. A few others (Iran) I knew already.

The History of the CIA: Illegal Operations Corrupting America and the World (1982) - YouTube

There is a part 2, gonna watch it now. And it seems this channel has a few jewels !

mugwump

Mar 15, 2011
seattle pekutatan
Aside from all the bullshit being flung around about this topic and take a look at the post yours truly made on Feb.21st. and see what is happening in the world today.