spicyayam

Jan 12, 2009
I am pretty lucky with my wife's family. They are pretty much all hard working and have good jobs, some in government etc.

My BIL however, seems to kind of be on the lethargic side. He has had a good education and he has had some good jobs and even tried to start his own business, but nothing seems to last too long. He does seem a bit dependent on us and others to find him work, but for whatever reason it doesn't work out.

Like many young guys he plays a lot of computer games, sleeps late. Fortunately doesn't drink but does smoke a lot.

I get worried as it is easy for him to find jobs now, but Indonesia isn't so forgiving when you start to get older. They always advertise for younger people.

I feel at a bit of a loss as to what to do and how to help him. I feel like an old person, when I complain about him always playing computer games, staying up late chatting etc.

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
Seems like what ever you do or don't do this is a no win for you. Unless BIL suddenly gets his **** together, which doesn't really sound like a possibility.

As a/the boy in the family he's always going to be king so the only one that can get him off your back would be his father. Chat with him.