hinakos

Sep 3, 2008
Bali + Vietnam
Hi all,

following my earlier thread on the laundry operational costs....heres the much anticipated second installment.

we still dont have the big dryer / big washer - was too hard to organise whilst not in Bali so i'll order and install all that when im back next week.

so to start it with something simple - i asked for a standard twin tub washing machine and laundry tub to be installed in 1 corner of the laundry first - as this should be a simple task that doesnt require my input.

wrong.

The humble freestanding laundry tub (with sides) does not exist in Bali. Tried Toko Bangunan, Mitra 10, Ace, and a few more in DPS, nothing. Only thing close is a mini version, rickety legs, wobbly, low volume sink, no sides, piece of shit. No one even knows what im talking about...wastafel laundry? have even drawn pictures and taken screenshots from google.

Am i looking in the worng places? Does anyone else have one? link shows image of what im talking about.

GLO-TUB Laundry Tub and Cabinet, Home & Garden for Sale - Australia for sale

i had a custom benchtop made in my last villa, and just bought the sink insert and installed, no prob. But where can i get the freestanding ones here?

ive since found out my tukang "made" one of of sheet metal.......i wont post the pic, this is not the place for hard core images that may induce self harm.

so i still need to buy one.

thx

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
What pray tell is a Laundry Tub? It looks like just a tub to pre-wash the skivvies in before transferring them to the main washing machine? If that is the case why don't you put in one of those tiled tubs that feature in the Indo starter block toilets for water supply.

hinakos

Sep 3, 2008
Bali + Vietnam
Check the link. But what you describe is basically correct. This is just an easier way of doing it - instead of building it just buy it already made.
Just about every single house in Oz has one.

scout

Jun 25, 2010
Ubud
Yeah, here also - you can buy the finished item from most local builders merchants, hence my question.

Great idea Markit, I tried that once, it too deep, needs to be half the depth IMO, get a sore back strangling all those skivvies

no.idea

Feb 22, 2011
Sanur
Great idea Markit, I tried that once, it too deep, needs to be half the depth IMO, get a sore back strangling all those skivvies

Could you clarify what were you straddling? I await with anticipation. Cheers

modelt1826

Apr 25, 2010
Wilverhampton UK
Coming from simpang sur towards Sanur theres on the left what i believe a second hand merchant with lots of toilets sat outside maybe its worth a look in there

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
As a pic is worth 1000 words:

135776.jpg

that facking great thing in the corner is what I meant.