tintin

Sep 13, 2005
Boston, MA, USA
Police corruption in Bali is certainly not new, but if one still persisted to think that it's just due to a few bad apples... This latest example is so in-your-face, demonstrating that it involves the Bali police, starting at the VERY TOP!...

Bali News: A Slap on the Wrist?

Last edited:

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
In any other "civilized" country this guy would be in jail for 20 years and all his buds with him. How Indonesia can aspire to combating corruption along with actions like this one is a vast mystery to me too.

Whenever you go to a police station here it's a singular experience with all the "boys" backslapping each other and giggling about insider jokes and any women around like they were all kids at school still. I find it impossible to take them seriously as anything short of a retarded boys club, let alone an organ of state power.

Luckily they don't all have guns or perhaps the problem would deal with itself if they did?

G

Gurkha

In any other "civilized" country this guy would be in jail for 20 years and all his buds with him. How Indonesia can aspire to combating corruption along with actions like this one is a vast mystery to me too.

Whenever you go to a police station here it's a singular experience with all the "boys" backslapping each other and giggling about insider jokes and any women around like they were all kids at school still. I find it impossible to take them seriously as anything short of a retarded boys club, let alone an organ of state power.

Luckily they don't all have guns or perhaps the problem would deal with itself if they did?

What do you mean by 'any other "civilised' country'?

Elvisisintheroom

Aug 5, 2015
The problem is education. There is none. I wouldn't bother sending my child to the "best" school in Indonesia.

Last edited: