KL visa run

handfootwoman2

Nov 14, 2008
Hi,

we're doing a visa run to KL next week and I'm just wondering what to expect (never having done it before). Is it hard to get a 60 day visa from the Indonesian embassy? Does it take a long time? Any recent experiences would be much appreciated.

lumumba

Sep 17, 2008
Bandung-Bali-Jakarta
Soooooooo many posts about this subject, you only have to look in the archive under Bali Visa Questions and Answers (KL Visa run Update, and NOT ONLY)

Maybe this will help

One of my posts was this:

Re: KL visa run update
by lumumba on Sat Dec 06, 2008 8:03 am
Visa run Update

I got my Visa last month in KL. I use to go to Singapore up to 3 years ago. I find KL better.

By 0: You apply in the morning and get your passport back the next day in the afternoon.
You will get it the same day in the afternoon.

By Ronb: the office is totally renovated, the service unbelievably better and you can indeed get it the same day.

I do agree 100%, they are using a numbering system, pick up your number and wait until it will be displayed on the digital board.

By Markit: one day visa was the rule or the exception?

Now it is the rule. If I was you I would phone the Embassy in KL just b4 getting the AirAsia ticket and let then confirm it to you. This is what I do all the time.

Regards

L.

Visa submission has to be done in the morning from 9 a.m for a collection in the afternoon at 4. pm
You need to fill the form, provide 2 pics (the same), a copy of your passport a return/onward ticket if you are applying for a tourist visit visa or a letter of sponsor/ktp of the sponsor if you apply for a Visit SosBud visa. Cost is 170 ringgit for both of these visas. KL embassy is located at 233, Jalan Tun Rasak which is almost at the corner of Jalan Bukit Bintang. Easy to find.
http://www.kbrikualalumpur.org/ is the website you should browse for further informations

1 day issuing visa is still the rule and staff is polite, informative and efficient. A rare thing in KBRIs around the world.
There is quite a few things to do around the embassy to waste your time and money (just head for the bukit bintang area) while you are waiting for the visa.

I wish you a nice and pleasant trip in KL :)

sydneymike

Dec 5, 2008
Larger Antipode
When I was last in Bali, I recall reading in The Jakarta Post that the previous Ambassador(s) in KL had been up on corruption charges for irregularities in Visa fees.
I wonder if, perhaps, this might have any association with the heavenly service presently available? Equally, I wonder how long this might last?

sydneymike said:
When I was last in Bali, I recall reading in The Jakarta Post that the previous Ambassador(s) in KL had been up on corruption charges for irregularities in Visa fees.
I wonder if, perhaps, this might have any association with the heavenly service presently available? Equally, I wonder how long this might last?
Not only KPK busted a former ambassador in Malaysia, but they also caught former consuls in Penang and in Oriental Malaysia. When you shake the tree, be ready to have more than one fruit down. :D
Malaysia will remain a safe heaven for immigration documents, for foreigners and nationals along, for a while.
In fact the corruption in embassies is rarely a big problem for foreign citizens anyway. For WNI living and working abroad, like TKI for example, this is another story.

handfootwoman2

Nov 14, 2008
thanks for all your help everyone. I am wondering how strict they are with the onward ticket situation- if we can prove we have adequate funds (ie credit cards) would that be enough for a 60 day tourist visa? We are just unsure of when we're flying home...

akucintabali

Aug 11, 2008
hey!
perth consulate was very strict! wanted a copy of my onward ticket and all so play it safe and get an onwards ticket. look out for cheap flights on air asia and book one with them. i got $20AU for dps-kl a few weeks back. not many good deals at the moment but if you hang in there i'm sure you should get one :) just keep checking each week (like me, trying to get from Medan-Kuching return so far its $160AU- way too much for me, sounds tight but only spending five days in Kuching for a world music festival).
Goodluck :p