kitas to kitap

klaatu

Mar 14, 2014
Blimbingsari banyuwangi and Denpasar
hi,been a while since I was here,so I would like to ask,has anyone had any success in converting family sponsored ITAS to ITAP at a bali imigration office when their spouse has a Jawa KTP?...It is to hard for us to close up shop in Bali and go to Jember imigrasi..tnxs

Mark

Apr 19, 2004
Sorry can't help answer this one, but take it that you got your Kitas in Jember?

davita

Mar 13, 2012
I think to get help you need to offer some information. For example...how did you manage to get your Kitas, and extensions, in Bali in the first place...was this a spousal Kitas with your wife as sponsor using her Java KTP?

klaatu

Mar 14, 2014
I think to get help you need to offer some information. For example...how did you manage to get your Kitas, and extensions, in Bali in the first place...was this a spousal Kitas with your wife as sponsor using her Java KTP?
For this kitas I used an agent to send me the agreement letter from jakarta to indo consulate in Darwin Oz and an emailed copy to me,to obtain a Vitas. Then got an itas online stamp and e kitas. At ngurah rai imigrasi..When I went to extended it ie. kitas2 I had to transfer my file to renon imigrasi because we live in south denpasar.It's not hard,just more running around,and must get a SKTT first(also easy,and free from dinas kependudukan and catatan sipil in denpasar).. after I renewed my ITAS(myself) I asked the imigrasi officer lady about getting KITAP,she said because your wife has a Banyuwangi KTP adress you must do KITAP at Jember..or get her a Bali KTP,Very hard! Bali does not want too many Javanese voters living here

davita

Mar 13, 2012
The rule is clear...... "The Immigration Office where you will make your application should be the one where you are residing and matching with your spouse’s address on the ID Card (KTP)."

I think you can count yourself lucky you managed to slip thru' this requirement when you obtained your Kitas in the first place. If your wife is now permanently residing in Bali she should apply for a Bali KTP.

klaatu

Mar 14, 2014
The rule is clear...... "The Immigration Office where you will make your application should be the one where you are residing and matching with your spouse’s address on the ID Card (KTP)."

I think you can count yourself lucky you managed to slip thru' this requirement when you obtained your Kitas in the first place. If your wife is now permanently residing in Bali she should apply for a Bali KTP.
1. there is no problem renewing kitas in Bali if your wife has KIPEM. 2. She is residing in Bali,that's why she has KIPEM(as of lately not required by local banjar anymore,so no more suprise Pecalang visits) 3. to get a bali ktp in south bali,they would like to see you have had business here for 15 yrs or have bought a house....nup...they just dont want javanese having a say here...still,might be a way around that

davita

Mar 13, 2012
I know what you mean.....the whole system sucks and I often wonder why anyone would bother but the consequence of not following their rules can be dire.
It takes perseverance.

Reactions: klaatu

Mark

Apr 19, 2004
Good luck with this. The situation reinforces the idea that one married for at least two years and getting a first spouse kitas should immediately apply for kitap, as in the day that kitas is received. You have all the documents to hand already and, while you essentially 'waste' the one year kitas you just paid for, doing it this way makes it much harder for the authorities to selectively enforce the rules a couple years down the road, as seems to have happened in this case.

klaatu

Mar 14, 2014
Good luck with this. The situation reinforces the idea that one married for at least two years and getting a first spouse kitas should immediately apply for kitap, as in the day that kitas is received. You have all the documents to hand already and, while you essentially 'waste' the one year kitas you just paid for, doing it this way makes it much harder for the authorities to selectively enforce the rules a couple years down the road, as seems to have happened in this case.
and Jember has their own rules.IE. they will not let you convert sosbud to kitas,they say you have to leave the country and get via VITAS ..hence the reason I used an agent from Bali

harryopal

May 5, 2016
In applying for Vitas from Sosbud my wife had to go to Bandung to change her kartu keluarga to make it EKK so that it is now linked electronically with the computer systems. That done we then were able to process the Vitas. As we didn't want to take the documents ourselves to Jakarta we waited for the system to transfer the documents and return. It took just under two months.
Allowing that our Kitas expires in July we have now made the application for Kitap. My wife then had to get the local Kipem. Everything is now completed and we are waiting for the interview visit. There was no suggestion we must apply in Jakarta for the Kitap.
My wife did all the documentation from whoa to go. As a reward I got her a new scooter which is still cheaper than using an agent across the range of processes

Reactions: spicyayam

klaatu

Mar 14, 2014
In applying for Vitas from Sosbud my wife had to go to Bandung to change her kartu keluarga to make it EKK so that it is now linked electronically with the computer systems. That done we then were able to process the Vitas. As we didn't want to take the documents ourselves to Jakarta we waited for the system to transfer the documents and return. It took just under two months.
Allowing that our Kitas expires in July we have now made the application for Kitap. My wife then had to get the local Kipem. Everything is now completed and we are waiting for the interview visit. There was no suggestion we must apply in Jakarta for the Kitap.
My wife did all the documentation from whoa to go. As a reward I got her a new scooter which is still cheaper than using an agent across the range of processes
ah.so finally someone has done it..which imigrasi in Bali are you using?

harryopal

May 5, 2016
If you are now living in South Denpasar and renting you need a letter from the owner to show you that your wife is now living in Bali. And then you seek a non permanent Kipem for your wife in Bali to show you are both living at the same address.

davita

Mar 13, 2012
I understand a Kipem is for a temporary address and only valid for one year and needs to be renewed...at least that's what my driver from Java has to do.
He lives in a kost in Kerobokan but his KTP and family is in Pasuruan.

tel522

Oct 30, 2015
As far as I understand things, kipem is now cancelled in bali as from december 2017 , for the kitap process imm only accept a ktp bali , otherwise the process must take place at the imm office of the ktp.