svetlux

Hi all there,

I would like to come and live on Bali and was already 2 months to prospect. Will return now april 22nd for 6 months to finalize where best to live and what exactly to do.

On the net there is a company" Bali Business Consultants & Bali Legal Services" http://www.immigrationindonesia.com with correspondance with a Jasmine who answer mails (different email addresses).

Does somebody knows thios company/person? Already did business with them ...?

Any other advice is welcome ....

Thanks

Daniel

gilbert de jong

Jan 20, 2009
Panji, Singaraja.
Hi svetlux,

welcome to this forum :) .
I also never had any contact with the company you mention.So I don't know if it's any good.
The company Bert writes about, I know them and have done business with them. And for me too, they did and are doing a good job.
Depending on which office you might go to(PT Bali IDE has two) one can seem a bit un-organised, and somewhat more as a travelagent of sorts.But they are really good in what they do.
Friendly greetings.........Gilbert.

gilbert de jong

Jan 20, 2009
Panji, Singaraja.
you're welcome...
one more tip, go to the office of the jalan bypass, not to the one in 'the Ambassador'building...the owner lives behind the smaller one, and depending on what it actually is you want/need, that fact might come in handy.

T.J

Apr 21, 2010
Tiying Tukul puri, Canggu
Hi all there,

I would like to come and live on Bali and was already 2 months to prospect. Will return now april 22nd for 6 months to finalize where best to live and what exactly to do.

On the net there is a company" Bali Business Consultants & Bali Legal Services" Bali business consultants for doing business in Bali & high income business opportunities in bali villa business,bali investment,living in bali,bali business services with correspondance with a Jasmine who answer mails (different email addresses).

Does somebody knows thios company/person? Already did business with them ...?

Any other advice is welcome ....

Thanks

Daniel

I have just completed business with these guys and am very happy. They are difficult to communicate with via email but during a fly in- fly out visit we arranged a meeting (Which does cost $100USD) and felt very confident with the answers and information given. Confident enough to create an IMB, PT Company and produce 6 visa's with them. My suggestion would be to try and meet any or all of these companies in person before handing over hard earned cash to someone whom can answer emails:icon_lol:

ali alavi

Aug 30, 2009
?

Do I need to register a company, PMA or any other type if I want to open a restaurant in Bali?

If I do, do I have to 'actually' give 51% of the shares to a local partner?

If I don't will I be able to obtain KITAS???

Sorry for the dumb questions, but I've yet not got the answer to these basic ones. :)

Regards,

Ali

Fred2

Oct 13, 2010
Surabaya/Australia
Hi ali alavi this were your 2 threads come together, if you do not have the business set up right you are open for corruption. If you want a working visa you will need a PMA company & then the company can apply for a working visa. PMA company is a lot bigger than a PT or CV,UD & as such comes all the taxes & laws. If you start a resto & you are a western person at the resto all the time, there will be a dollar sign above your door. All sorts of people will come in to look at your paper work & thats were corruption comes in. Also if your business goes well your staff will see dollars so tie up your lease, some resto's have had no renew on there lease & next week you staff have opened up in your old resto. Don't get me wrong there is good money to make in Bali but it is slooooooow to start ,it took me 4 months to get every bit of paper work so I would have no problems. You need to take a good 6 months of looking & asking questions before you lay out any money, so I when will you start bookings for Christmas lunch???????????

ali alavi

Aug 30, 2009
Fred, I would like to think a lot sooner than Christmas.:)) So how's it working out for you? With the local partner, the corruption and the lease? Your comment is very interesting and valuable. Men usually forget about detail, detail and detail. And this forum is actually helping me out a lot.:)

Is your company registered under PMA?
Do you have a long-term lease or have you bought the place under your companies name?
How much is your local partner getting and how have you managed to limit his influence over your business?

Man, I need to put aside some cash and relax in Bali for a bit to get the hang of things. I mean this forum is very helpful, and I understand completely the bureaucracy difficulties in a 3rd world country and even though I currently am running a very small place of my own and the fact that I've ran many restos over the years; but I feel the need to spend a lot of time in Bali to see and observe.:)

Thank you Fred:)

Fred2

Oct 13, 2010
Surabaya/Australia
I'am lucky to be married to a local so we only run a CV business, we have had no problem with corruption but have had the locals around to check our paper work. Dealing in here is a real eye opener, We even had to get a letter from next door so if they were unhappy with our business they could not complain. You need to be here for a while to get the hang of the way things happen in Indonesia

ali alavi

Aug 30, 2009
Working on it Fred, I so much want to be there right now. I'm tired of this unrewarding hectic mega city lifestyle. And thanks for everything. It means a lot and I hope some day when another expat asks questions on this forum, I'll be able to give them the advice like you guys do. :)

Cheers

ali alavi

Aug 30, 2009
restaurant and PMA

If I register a PMA in order to get KITAS for my restaurant business, other than the shop that will be the restaurant address, do I need to have an office as well?

This is bothering me.

Fred2

Oct 13, 2010
Surabaya/Australia
With any company you need a registered office & has to be legal. Most buildings don't have a IMB so if you talk to your notaries they may allow you to use there office address. You should have a separate office from your resto in case you change your resto address. Remember your company is the one that applies for your working kitas. As a company director you are not allowed to work.

ali alavi

Aug 30, 2009
:)

Thanks again Fred. Then I will have to think of something, because I've the knowledge locked with running the restaurant. If I register my partners as the directors, then I'll get working Kitas, will be able to have shares in the company?

The other question is, if I rent a shop here and sign a say 5 year agreement do I have to pay the rent 5 years in advance or at will I have to pay annually?

Sorry to bother you guys again and again. :)

Cheers,

Ali

Fred2

Oct 13, 2010
Surabaya/Australia
The lease payment will depend on you & your landlord, I have a 10 year lease but only pay 2 years in advance. when you draw up your lease with the notaries & landlord try for the best terms for you as a new resto. Tell how much it will cost to fix up the place to aussis standards etc & your just a new buiness, you know the bullshit. :icon_mrgreen:

ali alavi

Aug 30, 2009
some good advice there Fred .:)) Yeah this sounds about right, lets see how my negotiation skills will work for me over there. Planing a nice long stay in Bali so need to get things on track. thanks again :)