KITAS for kids born outside Indonesia

Sasha

Jun 20, 2005
Austria
Hi all,

the last 8 month nearly every day, I been on your website and read all this interesting and sometimes very funny articles.
Although I'm not very keen in english, I've decided to register on your forum.

A bit about me /us:
My wife is an indonesian from FLORES and we have to kids together.
One girl (7 years) and a boy (17 month).
We are living in Austria since 8 years.
Within the next 3-5 years, we would like to move to FLORES an settle down in LABUAN BAJO (the entry point from the west).

Now I have some questions. Maybe Roy or somebody else, can answer this.
Does anyone of you, have experience with a KITAS for kids?
I was on BALI-IDE but only found information about KITAS for kids born in Indonesia.
Is there a difference, when the kids were born outside Indonesia?
Does it really cost every year 4 juta?

Thanx a lot for every info.

Sasha

Roy

Nov 5, 2002
Ubud, Bali
Hi Sasha, and welcome to the forum. Yes, we have three boys on Kitas here in Bali. Yup, those little rug rats can be expensive, even here. For the first year, the Kitas was 4 million. Subsequent years were either 2.5 or 3 million...my wife is not entirely sure, and I let her handle all of those wonderful government details. :shock:

All three of our boys were born here in Bali, so I can't help you with your question about kids born outside of Indonesia. Since your move to Flores isn't for another 3 to 5 years, I'd wait and worry about it then as these laws change from time to time.

Sasha

Jun 20, 2005
Austria
Hi Roy,

when I add this up until they attain full age, oh my goodness, that's quite a lot of money. :twisted:
But like you said, there is still a long time until we want to move.
It's just good to have a bit of imagination what it will cost, so kami tidak terlalu kaget :shock: , kalau sudah ada di Indonesia.
Anyway,
thanks a lot for your reply.

SASHA

balijeff

Apr 5, 2005
Kuta Beach
Sasha,

You do need KITAS for your children. My daughter was born in New York and she was required to obtain a KITAS. However, I do not know the cost as the company paid for it.

Best of luck to you,

Jeffrey