Papa Lopez

Jun 23, 2011
Sanur
Hi team - Does anyone have knowledge or a list of discounts you get with a KITAS? I have heard that Bali Safari and Water Bomb offer discounts (though not sure how much), but hoping someone may have a more complete list of the attractions, hotels, ect .. that offer KITAS discounts.

ronb

Aug 14, 2007
Ubud, Bali
I recall getting a big discount when visiting Pramaban near Jogja, and have got other discounts at various places. But my experience is that seeking discounts is a haphazard process depending on the person you are dealing with at the time. With accommodation, it just depends on the manager, so asking for a "local price" is just a bargaining line you can try - occasionally it can work. As for a list, I think that may be wishful thinking.

Papa Lopez

Jun 23, 2011
Sanur
Thanks, ronb. It was my hope that with the collective effort of the Bali Expat Forum we may be able to share some specific instances of Kitas discounts. This way we could turn wishful thinking into reality.

mastercaster

Nov 10, 2010
All golf courses in Indo give discounts , many hotels ... The Bird Park ,Zoo etc in Bali ... just about any where really .. don't pay full tourist prices if you hold a kitas !

gibbndip

Jul 3, 2011
Sanur
I was told recently that the gyms in Sanur offer kitas discount & they may let you know of further offers/ discounts elsewhere.

sharkhunter

May 22, 2010
I like this thread, Not to be stingy but some things in Bali are extortionate in price.

I've also found that many of the spa's such as Spassion near Taman Mumbul offer 40-50% discount for KITAS holders.

Devdan Show also offers a discount too.

I heard that it's possible to buy Duty Free Alcohol with a KITAS too but not sure about that.

My wife often buys alcohol at duty free rates from a contact on Facebook. I was initially skeptical about it, but it arrived (my first worry) and it was unopened (my second worry).