Just 'how many' are on the waiting list?

geedee

Feb 1, 2014
Sydney
Sydney!!!, Me thinking Melbourne was the tosser capital.

Masterchef, my kitchen rules and all of the other cooking shows etc etc
You get all these celebrity chefs on and suddenly their establishments are booked out and they increase their prices.
You have to be crazy to want to spend over $450 for a pop up place.
or any other place

P

paulseawind

Masterchef, my kitchen rules and all of the other cooking shows etc etc
You get all these celebrity chefs on and suddenly their establishments are booked out and they increase their prices.
You have to be crazy to want to spend over $450 for a pop up place.
or any other place

I reckon $450 is madness to start with.

One time I was in NYC and had lunch with my brother. We found a steak resto on 5th Ave and the signage claimed (in typical American style) they were the BEST steak resto. We had 4 waiters swanning around for our immediate use. Fast service. After having seen the menu one came and asked for the order. My bro ordered. I had seen some interestingly worded descriptions of side dishes so I ordered a few, with no intention of eating them all. I then asked about the steak. He proudly said "Sir, it is the best". I said "Mate, I am from Australia so it better be heavenly". "Yes it is sir!". When I got it I wasn't over the moon even though it was good.
The entire bill incl a few drinks to start and red wine was less than $300. 2 people. Huge amount of food. Drinks and wine.

If anyone asks me for $450 for a meal I just have to think 'No way, Hose. Go and bother someone else'.