corkfeet

Jul 15, 2012
A price list appeared in my home a few weeks ago. It contains a fairly decent list of wines and spirits at only slightly marked up prices. And last night I decided to contact the provided cell number by text and place an order of W. Oz wine, JD's and Bailey's. Two hours later a couple of chaps rolled up on a bike to my Villa door and I paid them an even slightly higher sum than the list had suggested, which is fine. I suppose the delivery charge and perhaps a mark up due to small quantity order could justify this increase. I am a skeptic of most, albeit an optomistic one and I chose to crack the bottle of Jack with my two delivery dudes to check it's qualities. Now, I will admit that my sense of flavour is flawed, but all I can taste with this stuff is Johnny Walker red. I searched the faces of the delivery dudes and they seemed ignorant of any misdeeds. I dont like this bottle.
The 26 oz. bottle has many import stamps, arrived sealed with black shrink plastic and cap. The taste is just funky...
Any thoughts?

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
What are you complaining about - you buy Jack Daniels and get Johnny Walker Red, boo, hoo, hoo.

I buy Johnny Walker Red in Hardys and get Arack - true boo, hoo, hoo.

You should order Johnny Walker Red and maybe you'll get Jack back?

Rangi

May 23, 2011
Legian
A price list appeared in my home a few weeks ago. It contains a fairly decent list of wines and spirits at only slightly marked up prices. And last night I decided to contact the provided cell number by text and place an order of W. Oz wine, JD's and Bailey's. Two hours later a couple of chaps rolled up on a bike to my Villa door and I paid them an even slightly higher sum than the list had suggested, which is fine. I suppose the delivery charge and perhaps a mark up due to small quantity order could justify this increase. I am a skeptic of most, albeit an optomistic one and I chose to crack the bottle of Jack with my two delivery dudes to check it's qualities. Now, I will admit that my sense of flavour is flawed, but all I can taste with this stuff is Johnny Walker red. I searched the faces of the delivery dudes and they seemed ignorant of any misdeeds. I dont like this bottle.
The 26 oz. bottle has many import stamps, arrived sealed with black shrink plastic and cap. The taste is just funky...
Any thoughts?

Its Indonesia. You have just been husseled. Dont take it personal, learn from your mistake and be thankful its just for something small like this .

gilbert de jong

Jan 20, 2009
Panji, Singaraja.
for some members on this forum here I will use my contacts to get the real stuff at discounted prices...for example :
red label - 250
jack daniels - 300
campari - 350
martini bianco/rosso - 275
pernot - 350
absolut vodka - 275
martel vsop - 600
henessy vsop - 700
sambucca vacari - 380
amaretto di saronno - 400
kahlua - 350
tia maria - 375
malibu - 300
contreau - 350
baileys - 350
southern comfort - 350
drambuie - 400
dom benedictine - 450
jacob shiraz and chardonnay - 215
jose cuervo - 250
bacardi - 215
chivas regal - 375

if interested just send a PM, oyeah, if buying by the box it's pay 11 get 12 :D

tom

Sep 27, 2009
CA. USA
I will keep that in mind Gilbert. I hope to be going to Bali from Lombok for some surf shop supplies and may p/u some spirits for the homestay at the same time. Pity I am one of those fellows who shouldn't and doesn't partake in alcohol so it will all be for profit.

tintin

Sep 13, 2005
Boston, MA, USA
The taste is just funky...
Any thoughts?

Why would someone try to pass a Johnny Walker, even Red, for a Jack Daniels Bourbon? Both are quite acceptable in their own rights. I would think that it was a case of the "quality control" screwing up at these guys' private bottling facilities.

PS. At least your taste buds are not all shut up, given you could make the difference between the two brews.:drunk: