Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
I'm always (time permitting) happy to share my experiences with any that would care to listen and the occasional snippet of advice. Drop me a PM when you are here me_shell.

Given usually in a kind and caring way - well, sometimes.

What I can't stand is them that know it all asking not for advice but for my agreement on their untested ideas. They are usually disappointed.

Hi Markitt I wasn't sure where to post this as there's various build topics on the forum but as it's directed to you this will do. Tell me to mind my own bees wax if you wish but could you give us a "ball park" figure on what you think the entire cost will be for your whole development ie. land purchase, house/pool construction etc (I realise you're only starting construction). You've posted alot of info including some costings on the forum and your blog so we all have an idea of what's been involved and what the end result will look like but it would be interesting just to see a simple final $ figure attached to whole development??? You might scare me off from attempting similar :lol:

Cheers :)

-

maybe update 2013

land prices sky rocking

building material average 30% higher

salaries workers depending companies but I paid my workers (they told me how much they wanted, not me told them how much) ... 2010 was 55.000 rupiah pro person pro day, in 2011 I gave them than 80.000 as really understood too little for their hard work

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
Um you are paying your workers way over the odds for the east of Bali - not sure where you are but here a tukang here gets 70k and a "normal" worker 50k for a day's work. You are right that is way too cheap but to offer more will cause trouble with other builders in the area. I've resolved the problem another way but giving them lots of extras -food, drink, rice, days off (ceremonies) with pay, etc.

Land prices in the south have gone stupid and I would guess the supply of good workers shrunk accordingly, hence the prices for same?

The blog is no more I'm afraid - my employment of free speech was a problem in Indonesia where the laws of libel are very strictly applied and loosely judged.