AnelkaG

Mar 21, 2016
Hello everyone !

I am currently preparing a first year university degree in Management of Tourism at La Rochelle, I'm looking for a 3 month internship from June to September.

Passionate about Hindu culture, after extensive traveling in India, I would love to do this internship in Bali! I started already many research, but with little success ...

Dynamic, creative, and motivated, I am passionate about foreign cultures. Enterprising, with good communication and entrepreneurial skills, I appear to possess qualifications to welcome, advise and convince the French and foreign guests. I have a good level of English, but also Spanish, and begin this year to learn Russian.

If you know someone who could be interested by my profile, please contact me.

Thank you and see you soon ! :)

Anelka

JohnnyCool

Jan 10, 2009
Sanur
Hi Anelka

Far be it for me to rain on your parade.

However, even after your "extensive traveling in India", I'm not sure that you've grasped the fact that Hinduism in India is quite different from the version Balinese have re-invented for themselves.
Of course, there are superficial similarities including shared myths (eg, Ramayana saga, god names, ritual offerings, caste system). Hindu culture in Bali had its roots in Java, and after the collapse of Majapahit, many adherents on Java fled to Bali to escape the Moslem incursions.

Rather than Bali exhibiting "true Hinduism", (whatever that is), what's evolved here over centuries is what I would call "Balinism".
Bits and pieces of Indian Hinduism, topped-up with elements of Buddhism, combined with lashings of animism plus ancestor worship.

There were people living on Bali before others came with their own religious beliefs. The Bali-Aga, (so-called "original Balinese"), population, for the most part, refused to adopt the new religion(s).
Those that survive, still do to this day. The best known villages are Tengganan (in Karangasem), and Trunyan (Lake Batur). There are others as well, but less known.

Good luck with your studies, research and potential "internship" (in tourism management?).
...I appear to possess qualifications to welcome, advise and convince the French and foreign guests...
Advise and convince of them what?

:icon_rolleyes:

ZoomBali

Mar 28, 2016
Denpasar, Bali
www.zoombali.com
Hi AnelkaG,

We received a young student from Holland who did an internship at One2Surf Bali. He was studying events organization and he really liked it. I recommend to visit the website. Sorry I cannot add a link here, simply go on Google and type "One2Surf Bali". Basically he was managing villas rentals, events, transportation rentals, surf lessons for tourists etc.

Let me know if you have any question and if you want to have the email of this student for more information.

Regards