Indovision quality

Andynice

Nov 4, 2008
Kerobokan and Nice , France
Hi all
I'm not an active writer but I'm an active reader i will check Balipod a few times every day , it's very useful so many good advices.
We have been moving to Bali in beginning of December and we did recently sign up with Indovision the basic program and the two movie packages.
I think that the quality that we have is very bad , i'm disappointed , example when we watch CNN i can hardly see the text written under the picture.
Do you all have the same result or is your picture quality good ?
We called Indovision and a technician came today to check , he said it was normal that everything was as it should be , we did check the strength ourselves as suggested by Gilbert and the quality is just at 20 Percents , is that normal ?
Thanks in advance.
All the best and let 2010 be a marvelous year
Andy :p

spicyayam

Jan 12, 2009
I had it in my old house and it worked pretty good. Sometimes a bit of static, especially with the Australia channel when I wanted to watch the AFL. :? Do you have any other cables coming into the house with your indovision that could be causing interference, like internet?

gilbert de jong

Jan 20, 2009
Panji, Singaraja.
strength and quality are two different guages on the screen :wink:

strength (on the left side of screen) should be between 30 and 60.
quality (on the right side of the screen) should be between 20 and 50/60.

Strength, defines how strong the signal is coming into the decoder and to the TV.
quality, defines how good of the signal is.

gilbert de jong

Jan 20, 2009
Panji, Singaraja.
Jimbo said:
Looks like you need the system including the satellite retuning.

Maybe the coax-cable is just too long, and signal strength is therefor too low.. .
or the 'nut' that holds the coax-cable in place at the back of the decoder came a bit loose...
manymany options jimbo,
but trying to get a indovision technician up to the satellite is pushing it :lol: , just joking..
I know you meant the dish and not the actual sattelite...I hope 8)

Andynice

Nov 4, 2008
Thanks for all reply's
Gilbert On top of the screen it's written MNC , i don't know what that means ?
Signal strength is 35 percents and quality is 20 percents.
The cable insert to the disc looks fine already checked it and the cable to the box is also fine.
Jimbo a technician was at our home yesterday and checked everything , he said it was ok.
I had cable Tv. in Europe in different countries for over 15 years no problem with the quality that's why i'm so surprised with all the blur
Thanks
Best regards
Andy

gilbert de jong

Jan 20, 2009
Panji, Singaraja.
hmmmm...strength and quality is a bit on the low side of the scale...ok,the connection of the coax is ok on both sides, maybe that the innercore of the coax-cable makes contact with the outer aluminium? that would cause strength and quality loss.
if it's not that, then the only thing i can think of to get the quality up is realign your dish.
two people would be easiest for this, one at the tv and one at the dish..the one at the dish, gently makes an adjustment vertically (up or down) and the one at the tv yells if the signal quality improves or gets worse, if it gets worse then gently adjust in the opposite direction, if that doesn't help getting a better quality, move it back into starting position (as it was before adjustment), then make an adjustment gently horizontally (left/right), the one inside monitoring the guage and yelling if it gets worse or better.

If all this doesn't help, you can call 0361-262881 or 0361-265808, those numbers belong to the Indovision Tech. service in Denpasar. But call Indovision customer care first and ask them to send a report to this shop.
If you're in your first month of subscription, it's actually the responsibility of the shop where you got your Indovision subscription to contact them.

Okey andynice, or better yet andybali now right :) ?
Hope all went well with the move, and you and GF having a good time

Andynice

Nov 4, 2008
Gilbert
Thanks for your quick reply.
Actually it's my wife , we was married 6 years ago in February and we have to daughters , Laita 5 years old and Nyomi 2.5 years old.
I have checked everything , i would like to cancel but my wife still want's it and anyway i don't watch tv. that much so i think we will keep Indovision anyway , was thinking about to try Telkomvision but will probably be the same ?
We did have some problems with moving our belongins by boat on arrival in Jakarta but that's solved now and thank you we have a wonderful time.
Only problem is that tonight i have to fly back to France i have a work to do in Courchevel (French Alpes)(It will be so cold especially now when used to Bali temperatures) i will be back again 30 January
Yes Andybali would be better from now on. :p
Andy

JohnnyCool

Jan 10, 2009
Sanur
...a technician was at our home yesterday and checked everything , he said it was ok.
Does that mean you couldn't repeat the problem when the technician was there?

Dish alignment, signal and quality strength are all important, of course. I'm wondering if your actual TV set is faulty? One way to check would be to hook up another one and see if the "problem" is still there.

I used to be an Indovision customer for years and never had the symptoms you describe. In fact, I'm not really sure that they're possible. Digital signals are generally on or off. The quality of the picture doesn't really change as long as you have reasonable antenna alignment. Certainly not things like blurry text in programmes.

TelkomVision is no better than Indovision - possibly slightly inferior (not in "picture quality", but the available onscreen interface). I'm only using TelkomVision these days because it comes "free" with an unlimited Telkom Speedy internet account.)

Check you TV first. Chances are the problem is there.

8)

motormouth

Aug 29, 2009
Canggu
Arjuna is the agent here in Bali, get the number from the operator, they do all connections here, even went to Singaraja to connect my father-in-laws house. I have 2 parabola's at my house , Yes TV downstairs and Indovision upstairs. Never really had a problem with either. Except at the start with Yes TV. I got a promo, pay 6 months and get 6 months free.When I went to watch the AFL one day they said ...oh, we have stopped this channel...quick call to Indovision and we now have 2 providers.

Andynice

Nov 4, 2008
Johnnycool
Off course i repeated the problem to the technician and he just told me that it was normal and that they couldn't do better he also told me that the reception in our area wasn't good but that seems like a bad explanation to me because we live in Denpasar Barat and the antenna is on the roof and not even a building close or another building that are higher than ours. :x
I don't think it's the tv. either if i plug in a dvd or a videogame to the same entry it works perfectly.
Thanks to all anyway
Greetings
Andy